Wednesday, June 5th at 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
Join Global Site Plans on Twitter on Wednesday, June 5th from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT for a live Twitter chat. This month's topic is Social Equity and Inclusiveness.
What’s a Twitter Chat?
A Twitter chat is simply a preset, organized time to tweet on a pre-organized hashtag (#). You use a Twitter chat tool to corral just those tweets together and to auto-tag any new tweets with the right hashtag.
How Does It Work?
The way it works is that everyone taking part in the chat uses a certain keyword (called a hashtag) in all their tweets. We use hashtag #thegrid. Everyone taking part in the chat follows the conversation by following that hashtag.
We’ll pose six questions for you to answer and discuss with your colleagues. We’ll begin the questions with Q1, Q2, etc., and, depending on the number of participants, we’ll devote about 10 minutes per question. Sometimes we may even switch formats and have you post questions to a guest moderator.
If you’re already active on Twitter, it may prove challenging to follow the Global Site Plans chat on Twitter. By the time you hit the Refresh button and find new tweets with the hashtag #thegrid, you may have missed some of the conversation. We therefore recommend using a chat tool. Like dialing into your favorite radio station and removing all the unnecessary static and chatter, a chat tool helps you follow the conversation without being bombarded by other unrelated tweets.
Why Should You Chat with Us?
Taking part in Global Site Plans’ The Grid (#thegrid) chat will connect you with other design professionals and, we hope, you’ll come away with new ideas, interests, and best practices from your colleagues.
How Can You Participate?
- Create your personal account on Twitter, if you haven’t already done so.
- Enter Global Site Plans from the Find People link in the upper right corner of the Twitter page.
- Follow Global Site Plans.
- Select a Twitter chat tool to use for the chat (such as TweetChat or TweetDeck).
At 3 PM EDT on Wednesday, June 5 sign-in to your chat tool
- Enter hashtag #thegrid.
- Follow the conversation (questions and comments).
- Join in the conversation by beginning your comment with the question’s corresponding number (e.g., when commenting on question Q1, begin your response with A1).
- End your comment with the hashtag #thegrid so everyone participating will see it.
We're looking forward to you joining the conversation!