Urban Planning Intern
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working.
Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
The successful candidate will
- Assist senior staff on a variety of projects such as urban design, transportation planning, traffic engineering and system design.
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks .
- Write reports for internal and external purposes based on findings.
- Present technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences .
- Understand trends and best practices in the urban planning industry.
- Participate in local Professional Associations.
Required education and skills
- Be currently pursing Transportation Planning or related field. Currently pursing Master’s preferred.
- Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Have the ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working .
- Have presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link https://arupjobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=74885&utm_source=indeed.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.