This is an exempt position with the Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (PPACG), Transportation Program. The Transportation Planner is an intermediate level planning position that requires an enthusiastic person interested in multiple disciplines within transportation planning, a high degree of computer literacy, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to undertake multiple ongoing tasks. Impartiality and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with our team, local entity staff and officials, collaborating agencies, and the general public are also vital.
Salary: Monthly Salary: $4,800 - $6,975
Languages needed: English.
Apply by June 29, 2018
About the company
The Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments, a voluntary organization of 16 counties and municipalities, aims to provide a forum for local governments to discuss issues that cross their political boundaries, identify shared opportunities and challenges, and develop collaborative strategies for action.
The successful candidate will
- Perform transportation research and analysis in support of the regional transportation plan, the transportation improvement program, and the transportation program in general.
- Provide support for mobility and accessibility analysis, travel demand modeling, and individual transportation project analysis.
- Use planning and engineering software and techniques to evaluate regional motorized, non-motorized, and freight movement issues and present them to technical committees, member governments, and the general public.
- Operate small area forecast software, develop demographic, economic, and other related inputs.
- Use ArcGIS to create maps, visuals, and analyze data.
- Develop and analyze performance measures, assist with land-use and development scenarios, and other generalized social, economic, and ecological conditions analysis.
- Under general direction perform regional environmental planning coordination and monitoring.
- Design and execute public involvement programs for various planning processes.
- Attend regional transportation meetings as assigned.
- Create memorandum and PowerPoint presentations for committees and Board of Directors explaining background, analysis and recommendations.
- Interpret and respond to Federal and state regulations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director.
Required education and skills
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in transportation planning, urban and regional planning, statistics or a related field, or;
- Bachelor’s Degree in transportation planning, urban and regional planning, statistics or a related field, plus a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience, or;
- Associate’s Degree in transportation planning, urban and regional planning, statistics or a related field, plus a minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience, or;
- High school diploma plus a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in transportation planning, urban, and regional planning, statistics or a related field.
- A high degree of computer literacy, including competency in standard spreadsheet, database and word processing software, in addition to geographic information system software.
- A thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of urban transportation planning, technical analysis methods, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and present results in concise reports and presentations to PPACG staff and others; interact effectively with members of the public, elected officials, Federal, state, and local agency representatives, PPACG committees, and community organizations.
- Understand pertinent Federal and state regulations, and a working familiarity with the most recent Federal transportation legislation and Clean Air Act transportation planning requirements.
NOTE: Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (PPACG) will not sponsor applicants for H-1B Work Visas.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.