Social Media Coordinator
Do you have an interest in learning how to use social media to create and strengthen communities? Are you a student who is working towards a career in social media, digital marketing, or business development? According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the social and digital media field is rapidly expanding. Social media professionals are in demand in almost every industry, but job seekers face strong competition when vying for these careers. Qualified candidates need education and experience. While you are working hard to acquire the necessary education, let us help you gain some valuable experience.
The Global Grid is seeking qualified applicants for Social Media Coordinator Internships. As a Social Media Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to learn about and participate in community and content management on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You will gain valuable experience and skills, and depending the guidelines of your college or university we make all of our internships available for academic credit. In addition, we offer free resume and career coaching to support you as you transition from our internship into the next phase of your career.
This is a virtual internship, and although you don’t have to commute to our office, we still expect professionalism and commitment from you. We are looking for the best of best. If you are creative, energetic, and eager to learn, and you can commit to at least a one year internship; we want to hear from you!
Languages needed: English.
Apply by October 31, 2017
About the company
Since 2010, The Global Grid has offered localized and unique architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, urban planning and related news every weekday.The Global Grid uniquely publishes news specific to the town or city in which the author resides or is traveling. With a 150+ writer alumni, The Global Grid continues to grow as a destination for local environmental design news and perspectives.
The successful candidate will
You can expect to gain experience in a variety of areas such as the coordination and maintenance of social media platforms, environmental design practices, and how social media is used as a marketing tool.
- Professional knowledge regarding the coordination and maintenance of social media platforms, providing you expertise in the field of social media coordination;
- Increased personal profile in the environmental design community;
- Increased knowledge of best and worst environmental design practices through reading and spearheading dialogue surrounding The Grid blog posts;
- Understanding of how to utilize the HootSuite social media platform;
- Communication with high profile environmental design organizations, while increasing and strengthening your network;
- Increased knowledge and understanding of how social media is used as a marketing tool, including analyzing metrics, how to use hashtags, and how to coordinate Twitter chats.
Required education and skills
- Knowledge in the fields of environmental design (studying towards a degree in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, or related field).
- Time commitment of 10 hours per week.
- Excellent command of the English language with a keen attention to details, especially spelling and grammar.
- Ability to professionally monitor, reply and add to social media discussions.
- Ability to coordinate The Global Grid’s Facebook page.
- Ability to coordinate The Global Grid’s Twitter profile.
- Ability to spearhead LinkedIn group dialogues.
- Ability to submit blog posts to partner websites.
- Coordinate monthly Twitter chats for #globalgrid.
This is an unpaid and virtual internship that can be completed from home. While we cannot guarantee opportunities for paid employment, interns will always gain first preference in our hiring processes.
How to apply
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.