Senior Project Architect (Branded Environments/Experiential Design)
Martinkovic Milford Architects is a vibrant, ambitious architecture firm seeking an Architect well versed in Branded Environments and Experiential Design to join our team and contribute to our projects
The Senior Project Architect role is one of design, management and firm wide leadership.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Martinkovic Milford Architects is a multi-disciplinary architecture and design firm. We specialize in corporate and medical office, retail and restaurant design, and residential architecture. Martinkovic Milford strives to understand our client’s unique interests and aspirations, and infuse each project with insightful, strategic, and creative solutions. Our respect for project budgets and schedules, together with our passion for quality architecture, allows us to deliver the maximum benefit to the people who matter most — our clients. By leveraging the power of thoughtful architectural design, Martinkovic Milford’s mission is to invigorate the home, to enhance the workplace and to enrich lives. Justin Martinkovic and Brian Milford are principals of the firm, located in San Francisco’s Financial District. Specialties Corporate Architecture, Design & Interiors, Medical Architecture, Design & Interiors, Hospitality Archtiecture, Design & Interiors, Residential Architecture
The successful candidate will
- Lead the design vision and management for complex projects, particularly innovative, branded, customer-facing environments.
- Assist the firm in developing our experiential design philosophy and capabilities as it relates to the built environment; to mentor the architectural staff.
- Assist the Principals in pursuing new work; to oversee quality control.
- Advance firm standards and procedures; and guide your own professional development and interests through our continuing education benefits.
- Be afforded a high degree of autonomy in the design and management of complex projects from start to completion.
- Be given the opportunity to demonstrate excellence in design as well as managing client goals, construction budgets, project schedules, work plans, staffing, and project fees.
- Be a leader in the firm who brings design and technical expertise, management best practices, and a passion to mentor and improve the knowledge base and performance of the team.
- Be working on projects where the successful application of your design and management talents will enrich the lives of all manner of people: vulnerable patient populations, health-conscious foodies, office workers seeking maximum productivity, home owners looking to improve their lifestyle, and entrepreneurs seeking to create meaningful customer experiences.
Required education and skills
- Ability to assemble, inspire, and lead a team of architects and consultants for the successful design and execution of projects focused on customer experience.
- Ability to empathize with end user in service of creating unique, innovative customer experiences.
- Outstanding design talent coupled with the technical expertise to execute the vision.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively plan and manage complicated schedules, budgets, and resources.
- Advanced technical skills and an ability to provide quality control oversight for the firm as a whole.
- Superior interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Software proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- An understanding of MMA office systems, standards, and best practices and a desire to proactively maintain and improve them.
- A deep understanding of our philosophy of design as a means to strategically solve problems and to enrich the users’ experience in the built environment.
- You thrive with autonomy and self-directed work. You understand how and when to delegate and in busy times you can triage work effectively and set expectations appropriately. In less busy times you can create ways for yourself and others to be productive on behalf of the team. You understand what it means to make a difference.
- You have a natural desire to do things right. You don’t need or want external motivators.
- You strive to communicate clearly and effectively with others. You recognize when details are left vague and you seek and provide to clarity.
- You volunteer yourself when you see others need assistance.
- You put the interests of the client and the team first.
- You are pleasant to work with. You add to each interaction.
- You make and keep commitments.
- You lead by example.
- You support others, not by waiting to be directed but through a deep understanding of how the firm works and what it takes for everything to work well together. Your daily focus is to make those around you even more successful.
- Significant experience in the generation of branded environments and experience-focused design, either at a firm or agency specializing in experiential design or in-house at an innovative, experienced and brand-driven company.
- A degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture
- Benefits include paid vacation and sick time, 7 paid holidays, health insurance contribution, 401K plan with firm contribution, discretionary bonuses, professional development stipend.
- This position is full-time in our New York City Midtown office, 8:30am – 5:30pm
How to apply
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, work samples (both professional and academic) and desired salary to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.