Project Management Advisors, Inc. (PMA) is hiring a Project Manager with experience in the real estate design and construction industry. Ground up experience in one or more of these building types is a must: Hospitality, Corporate, High Rise/Mixed-Use/Residential, Life Science, Data Centers and Hospitals. Our Project Managers act as the primary interface with PMA’s clients and lead the client and project team of architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, vendors and other professionals through the process of planning, design and construction of new buildings from the ground up, tenant improvements, strategic real estate planning and facilities assignments.
The ideal candidate must have experience managing project teams successfully through both the design/pre-construction and construction process and must be able to create and manage the Project Budget and Schedule. The successful candidate will also have experience in Strategic Real Estate Planning, Entitlement and previous experience working as an Owner’s Representative or Project Manager representing the interests of the real estate owner or tenant. Additionally, excellent interpersonal communication and client relations skills is a must, as is the ability to have developed and maintained long-term relationships with clients and construction related professionals. The ideal PM will also possess a positive attitude and a collaborative approach.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Project Management Advisors, Inc. (PMA) is a real estate project management company that provides consulting services to businesses in a wide variety of public and private sector industries. PMA’s professional staff employs an approach to project assignments which combines an established team methodology with problem solving, collaboration and innovation. PMA’s team has proven experience in nearly every aspect of the real estate industry, and from both sides of the table, including backgrounds in architectural design, asset management, brokerage, construction, development, engineering and planning.
PMA operates from offices in Chicago (corporate), Los Angeles, Orlando, San Diego, and San Francisco and has managed a diverse range of projects, including commercial, residential, institutional, life sciences, municipal, not-for-profit and educational assignments.
PMA recruits the best talent in the industry, but project management experience alone is not enough. We seek candidates who fit with our values, operating style and commitment to accountability to our clients. In exchange, we provide staff with opportunities for professional growth and development and a highly competitive compensation package. When it comes to the best in project management talent, we’re proud to say “we get it”.
The successful candidate will
- Initiate and manage the procurement of design, construction and consultants services.
- Manage the team in planning and analysis of conceptual design and pre-construction activities.
- Oversee and review the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents.
- Draft, review, communicate and enforce contractual documents for design and construction professionals.
- Serve as liaison between client and design and construction professionals.
- Meet with clients, city officials, contractors, architects, engineers and consultants to present the project status and anticipate issues.
- Anticipate potential changes to budget or schedule and provide guidance on the review and analysis of changes when presented.
- Coordinate and direct internal resources (Assistant Project Managers, etc.), as required.
- Develop and monitor project budget and schedule including updating and maintaining web based project controls.
- Provide analysis of budgets and schedules and their effect on the financial objectives of the project.
- Review contractor and vendor onsite activities to verify they are in contractual compliance with design specifications, schedules and workmanship standards.
- Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders and approve and process scheduled progress draw packages for payment.
- Manage the project close out process to a successful completion.
- Observe and report on construction process and construction related issues.
- Prepare documentation for analysis and review of specific issues.
- Establish, direct and/or document project meetings.
- Develop and complete project specific tasks as required to meet or exceed the expectations of the client and fulfill our contractual obligations.
- Proactively seek out and represent PMA in networking and business development opportunities; assist senior management in project proposals and subsequent interviews.
- Promote the highest level of professionalism and ethics.
Required education and skills
- Minimally, a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Business Management.
- A minimum of 7 years of directly related project management experience and a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project controls, project management, construction documentation and sequencing as well as a working knowledge of alternate materials/methods; construction costs, value-engineering techniques and Building/occupancy laws and lease requirements.
- This position requires interaction with various professionals and clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The position requires a motivated self-starter with a high level of personal integrity and business ethics who has the ability to work in a team environment.
- The PM must also have the ability to develop long-term relationships with clients and other business partners.
- Time management and personal effectiveness skills are essential as are good communications, organization and computer skills.
- The applicant will need to demonstrate skills in managing successful projects; meeting client expectations and timelines; procuring and engaging design, construction and consultants services; the ability to maintain professionalism in the face of deadlines; exhibit good listening, negotiation and problem solving skills; and show the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and trustworthiness.
- The ideal candidate will meet all of the qualifications described herein and demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Project) and web-based project management tools. Proficiency in AutoCAD is desired, but not required.
How to apply
To Apply, please visit this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/109752646?trk=vsrp_jobs_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A694156761457990825282%2CVSRPtargetId%3A109752646%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.