Project Architect II
Perkins Eastman has an immediate need for a Project Architect II. The Project Architect is a project leadership position with responsibility for all phases of design process from schematic design through construction administration. We are seeking an experienced individual focused on production with strong technical and communication skills working within the design team to create exemplary multi-residential, senior living and hospitality facilities.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Perkins Eastman is a global architecture and design firm guided by the belief that design can have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. With more than 1,000 employees in 15 locations around the world, we collaborate seamlessly across borders, barriers, and disciplines to connect people and ideas. Whether conceiving of new healthcare models, reviving a local landmark as a boutique hotel, or helping communities become more resilient, we are united in a dedication to progressive and inventive design that enhances the human experience. If everything is design, everything we do is HUMAN BY DESIGN.
The successful candidate will
- Lead/assist a project team in development of the aesthetic and technical design and the preparation of architectural design and construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- Collaborate with or serves as the Project Designer for the design of the project.
- Experience in developing construction documents with minimum supervision.
- Lead in organizing the drawing, BIM modeling efforts.
- Develop, check and coordinate technical aspects of the design of a projects.
- Prepare the project code review. Involvement with Building and Life Safety codes and regulations.
- Coordinate with consulting engineer’s documents and specifications.
- Meet with client and maintain excellent rapport.
- Follow and focus on established standards for project production and review.
- Keep Project Manager and Principal in Charge informed of progress or need for assistance.
- Supervise and mentor assigned staff
Required education and skills
- Five-year Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture is required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years having produced contract documents and performed construction administration services for multi-residential and hospitality projects.
- Experience with mixed use developments; residential and hospitality, high-rise construction and familiarity with Chicago building practices and requirement is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, articulate, graphic, organization, technical verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated experience in and readiness to lead the technical details of projects.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup and or Rhino.
- Strong proficiency in REVIT is a must
- Proficient with other data management software such as Word and Excel.
- LEED Accreditation preferred
How to apply
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred) to email@example.com.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.