SGA is seeking a talented and hardworking Project Architect to join the firm’s growing New York studio. This is an incredible opportunity for someone seeking professional growth and industry accolades. The office is comprised of a dedicated and fun group of people. Our ideal candidate can ensure that all projects to which he/she is assigned are developed with technical skill and comprehensive coordination, and that they fulfill the design and performance objectives as established at project start up. Working with the Project Manager and utilizing his/her professional experience, the Project Architect provides the day-to-day project leadership that implements the project plan, resulting in clear, thorough documentation and successfully-met design objectives. Seeking to elevate the level of project team performance by his/her own commitment to the execution of the project, the Project Architect establishes the level of expectation for project development.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
SGA, is an award winning, full-service architecture, interior design, virtual design and construction, and branded environments firm with 70+ professionals in New York and Boston.
The successful candidate will
- Create design options that meet the client’s needs and project goals while advancing SG&A’s design goals.
- Be responsible for day-to-day development of design studies; seeks design guidance where appropriate and solicits in-house review and approval of department director and principals before client presentations.
- Assist the Project Manager with day-to-day project coordination.
- Oversee the performance of individual team members in fulfilling their assigned tasks.
- Provide leadership to in-house project team by coordinating and motivating members of the design team, provides effective problem solving in addressing project challenges by providing solutions that are consistent with the service philosophy of the firm and the goals of the project.
- Coordinate the technical efforts of assigned tasks of team members and assures that tasks are accurately completed within designated time frames.
- Monitor internal project team progress toward deliverable schedules.
- Keep Project Manager apprised of project status and submits recommendations for approvals as projects progress.
- Schedule and coordinate in-house project review with project PM, department directors and principals.
- Be responsible for the daily progress of construction document development; assists the Project Manager in assigning and managing the completion of individual team member tasks. Has full knowledge and use of SG&A standards and is as equally responsible as the PM for team adherence to the standards.
- Review and approve shop drawings, reviews ongoing progress of the work and completed punch lists.
- Resolve issues and problems that arise during construction; coordinates construction administration process with SG&A’s Construction Administrator.
- Be capable of attending and actively participating in weekly CA meetings, as required by the projects PM.
- Be responsible for full coordination of all consultant documents.
- Be responsible for directing team members for code reviews on all projects to which they are assigned.
- Contribute to the firm’s business development efforts by attending pitch meetings, promoting the firm with existing industry contacts, targeting potential opportunities within the market place, and partnering with the SGA marketing department to ensure proper close-out and gather client feedback.
Required education and skills
- 8+ years of experience working in commercial architecture in New York.
- Must be a Registered Architect.
- Must be proficient in using REVIT, Auto CAD, and all Microsoft Professional products.
- Experience with Newforma Project Center is a plus.
- Has full understanding of the codes and zoning laws affecting the design and documentation of their projects.
- Has full knowledge of REBNY measurement criteria and able to understand and complete and manage accurate measurements in accordance with the project goals.
- Serves as a role model and mentor for others.
- Displays ability to coordinate with all others, contributes to office knowledge and sprit in specific ways. Resolves team conflicts when they arise.
- Ability articulate oneself in written and verbal conversations.
- Develops lasting relationships with clients, vendors and consultants and build client loyalty.
- Continues to increase knowledge base to remain current in the industry; shows commitment to own education and advancement by seeking and completing training and education.
- Has ease and full ability to present information to clients and lead project meeting minutes and conference calls with multiple parties without supervision.
- Possesses and continues to develop the intellectual capital, market knowledge and experience in one of SGA’s specific target markets such that they are able to speak the “language” of that market sector and are looked upon as experts by clients and colleagues.
- Seeks to contribute to BD through building strong client relationships, seeks opportunities to expand services with existing clients and connect with potential new clients through networking. Independently targets and pursues new work opportunities on a consistent basis.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume to HPM@HRKnowledge.com.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.