Takes primary responsibility for managing and orchestrating the work of the entire design team, consultants, code enforcement officials, suppliers and contractors; and may be the primary contact for the Owner. Project Architects assist in identifying opportunities, pursuing commissions, negotiating contracts and managing project finances.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
With over 50 years in practice, QPK Design is a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering, interior design, site + planning firm.Our professionals include architects, interior designers, landscape architects, structural & geotechnical engineers, and digital modeling & animation specialists. The average tenure of our professional staff exceeds 14 years, with U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Accredited Professionals across our disciplines.Annually, we have received national, regional, and local awards/recognitions for design and construction excellence. QPK achieved these results by focusing on strong client service responding to unique needs. Structured as a studio office, our professionals are involved from start-to-finish for continuity and consistency of leadership.
The successful candidate will
- Handle Project Management Functions:
- Client Contact & Meetings
- Project Definition
- Project Work Plan Development
- Project Deliverables Definition
- Project Schedule and Sequence Development
- Project Fee Consumption Monitoring
- Project Execution
- Weekly Team Meetings
- Team & Consultant Activities Coordination
- Progress Monitoring
- Phase Deliverable Submittal Management
- Client Approvals Management
- Contractual & Financial Monitoring
- Project Closeout & Evaluation
Required education and skills
- Candidate should have the following experience:
Design / Construction Documents:
- Site and Environmental Analysis
- Schematic Design
- Engineering Systems Coordination
- Building Cost Estimating and Analysis
- Code Research
- Design Development
- Construction Documents
- Materials Research
- Project Manual/Specifications Writing
- Document Checking and Coordination
Construction Contract Administration
- Construction Contract Knowledge (AIA and other)
- Bidding and Contract Negotiation
- Construction Phase – Office
- Construction Phase – Site Observation
- Project Management
- Client Relations
- Financial Management
- Contract Negotiation
- NY License + 5-7 years min. Project Architect Experience.
- Advanced degree(s) preferred over Associates/Bachelors.
- Construction related experience preferred, not required.
- Architectural registration preferred, not required.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume, portfolio and CV to email@example.com.
- Portfolio required.
- References required (Clients, Contractors and Consultants).
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.