Modus is currently searching for a highly talented and driven Planning Assistant to support the Project team gain local land use approvals for various real estate and utility related projects.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Established in 2005, Modus is an industry leader in wireless site development across the Western US. Our services include site acquisition, land use planning, architecture and engineering, construction, and environmental compliance.
The successful candidate will
- Conduct research and reviewing multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Prepare zoning and permit applications.
- Review architectural drawings and other zoning collateral.
- Coordinate with architects, engineers and other interdisciplinary teams as needed to obtain zoning approval.
- Work diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines.
- Attend and present at site design visits, community meetings and hearings.
Required education and skills
- Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic.
- Strong knowledge and interest in Urban Planning.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking.
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to define and meet individual and team oriented project goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related field preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a car.
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel.
How to apply
Candidates should provide a resume that details either education or experience related to local government, environmental studies, urban planning or real estate development. Motivation and integrity are more important than experience.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.