Planner III - Urban Designer/Architect
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and innovative department and share in our vision to make San Francisco the worlds’ most livable urban place – environmentally, economically, socially and culturally.
CPC has an opening for one (1) Temporary Provisional (TPV) 5291 Planner III – Urban Designer/Architect position to join the Current Planning Division
Under direction, the Planner III - Urban Designer/Architect performs complex planning work relating to the design of the built environment. This position is responsible for providing professional architectural and urban design review of development proposals; developing architectural and urban design guidelines for a variety of land uses and building types; participating in design review advisory groups, advising Department Staff on technical knowledge of the Building Code, Green Building Ordinance, building material and construction methodology and cost; providing architectural design expertise to assist in the development of proposed long-range policy and planning initiatives regarding the built environment; and performing other duties as assigned.
Languages needed: English.
Apply by March 29, 2018
About the company
The San Francisco Planning Department plays a central role in guiding the growth and development in our City. The Department works with other City agencies and the community to help achieve great planning for a great city.
The successful candidate will
- Participates in design review of development proposals.
- Coordinates updates to existing urban design and architectural design guidelines, and contributes to the development of new design guidelines, as needed.
- Provides urban design and architectural expertise in support of the Department’s work to strengthen the City’s sense of place and livability through concern for the city’s physical qualities.
- Assists in the coordination of and participates in the Department’s design review committees.
- Provides technical knowledge of the Building Code, Green Building Ordinance, building material and construction methodology and cost.
- Provides knowledge of the Planning Code as applied to existing and proposed development of all scales and types.
Required education and skills
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university AND four (4) years (8,000 hours) of verifiable full-time-equivalent experience in an urban, city, regional and/or other related planning environment (such as transportation planning, environmental planning, architecture or urban design).
- Possession of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in City, Regional or Urban Planning, or a closely related field such as Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geography, Urban Studies or Environmental Studies AND two (2) years (4,000 hours) of verifiable full-time-equivalent experience in an urban, city, regional and/or other related planning environment (such as, but not limited to transportation planning, environmental planning, architecture, historic preservation or urban design).
- Possession of a valid Architect License.
Note: The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.