Passive House - Project Architect
We are seeking a Project Architect with at least 2 years of experience with an aptitude for problem solving and the desire for a leadership role in a dynamic, collaborative work environment. Primary responsibilities include daily management, coordination and successful completion of preservation, restoration and Passive House projects to meet time and cost objectives. The candidate must be well versed in all facets of building envelope design and construction.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Scott Henson Architect is an award winning Architecture firm specializing in the preservation, restoration and adaptive reuse of historic buildings with a diverse portfolio of work in and around New York City.
Scott Henson Architect aims to create better built buildings that use less energy while maintaining our high attention to detail and thoughtful design. Scott Henson is a Certified Passive House Designer and our office is in the final stages of design of a Landmarked Townhouse Passive House project, with several more in the pipeline.
The successful candidate will
- Identify new work opportunities and pursue potential projects with new or current clients.
- Participate in proposal development and business development activities.
- Develop design concepts through construction documents.
- Conduct contractor bid solicitations and reviews.
- Perform contract administration and construction management services.
- Create and maintain project schedules, administer change orders, review payment applications and oversee completion of project close-out.
- Develop and actively monitor project budgets to ensure profitability, and maintain client relationships.
- Work efficiently on multiple projects, both independently and with team members.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with team members, consultants and clients.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organization and leadership skills, as well as ability to train others and monitor their work for quality and completeness.
Required education and skills
- Passive House Certification and LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in designing and administering Preservation and Restoration projects.
- Experience with New York City Building Codes and Zoning Regulations.
- Experience coordinating NYC Department of Buildings and Landmark Preservation Commission filings.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite programs, Revit, Rhino and rendering programs.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.