Landscape Design Summer Intern – PROJECT WORK
Studio Rede is seeking a talented Summer Intern to join our New York office.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Studio Rede is a New York female owned and operated boutique landscape design studio. Working at the intersection of anthropology, ecology, innovation and conservation, we offer landscape design, urban design and conservation consulting services nationally and internationally. The studio is focused on highly creative and conceptual interdisciplinary thinking, with expertise in anthropological and ecological studies of ancient innovations. With this unique
framework, we believe intelligent design seeks to magnify perceptions, performances, processes and the cycles of Culture and Nature. Studio Rede was founded by Julia Watson, who teaches in the Urban Design program at Columbia University and the Landscape Architecture program at Rhode Island School of Design.
The successful candidate will
- Inform projects with design ideas.
- Prepare renderings & visual communication graphics for presentations.
- Prepare of design development and construction documents.
- Hands-on experience with active projects and promotional work tasks.
Required education and skills
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Have previous professional internship experience.
- Be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Possess exceptional design skills with the ability to think at multiple scales and
demonstrate design innovation and creativity.
- Have the ability to clearly articulate design concepts, processes, and solutions via verbal and written communications, as well as outstanding graphic representations.
- Be proficient in: AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp, Flash (animated video production), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator), and Microsoft Word (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
How to apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples (not to exceed 5MB) to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.