Thomas & Thomas is seeking candidates with 3-4 years of planning and landscape architecture experience for our Colorado Springs office.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
For over 30 years THOMAS & THOMAS has been a reliable planning and design partner, providing comprehensive land use planning, urban design and landscape architectural services for public and private-sector clients, agencies and organizations. Our work experience demonstrates our problem solving skills and project commitment which has resulted in long-term relationships with our clients and technical partners promoting project success for our clients and communities. A combination of proven skills, partnerships and thoughtful analysis is the recipe for thoughtful execution.
The successful candidate will
- Work closely with the lead project manager responsible for coordinating, communicating and keeping projects on schedule.
- Assist in the compiling and the creation of construction documents.
- Assist in compiling plans/ details for various municipal agencies and assist in the development of entitlement packages.
- Assist in development of concept design, construction documents, presentation and 3-D graphics, and project timelines.
Required education and skills
- Experience with professional collaboration such as engineers, architects, and reviewing agencies is critical.
- Candidates should have a well rounded background and varied interest as this position will expose the new team member to a broad through conceptual design to construction.
- Possess a strong work ethic with good written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Have experience in master planning, site design, and landscape architecture.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and develop alternative design solutions to help define the best solution.
- Ability to work in a team environment as part of the overall design team.
- Be proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft, Sketchup and Photoshop.
- Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities of the ideal candidate include ability to organize multiple projects and schedules.
- Ability to quickly adapt to project changes; proactive in testing new approaches and initiative to take on additional responsibilities.
- Strong hand drawing skills and exposure to irrigation design is a plus.
How to apply
To apply, please provide examples of your relative professional experience and letter of interest to Jim Houk at email@example.com. Finally, in your letter of interest, please identify why you would like to work with our team and share one example of how you have overcome a unique challege in your work.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.