Elysian Landscapes has an immediate need for a Junior Designer, with education and experience in either Architecture or Landscape Architecture, to assist with the development of a variety of commercial and residential projects currently in all phases of project development: schematic design through construction documents, including preparation for construction and installation of project.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Elysian Landscapes has made it our mission to inspire people to spend more time outside. The firm’s design-build team works closely with clients, architects and consultants to create innovative outdoor spaces, promoting a dynamic and fluid relationship between architecture and landscape. As designers and contractors, we are capable of shepherding a project from Master Planning through Construction, maintaining both design intent and the highest standard of project execution.
Known for our work on architecturally significant homes, Elysian Landscapes has also designed the landscapes for numerous retail sites, galleries and institutions, including the grounds for The Parker hotel in Palm Springs. Elysian Landscapes continues to explore and embrace sustainable landscape practices – including green roofs, storm water management and lawn alternatives, as well as the use of low-water-need plantings, improved support for pollinators and wildlife, and efficient irrigation systems.
The successful candidate will
- Handle Design: Research, 2D and 3D drawing and rendering.
- Handle Documentation: Assistance with drafting and code compliance.
- Handle Presentation: A leadership role in producing presentation materials for client presentations, client proposals, competitions and award submissions.
- Handle Construction: Assistance with cost estimating, sourcing and purchasing of building materials and services from vendors and subcontractors.
Required education and skills
- Professional degree from an accredited college of Architecture or Landscape Architecture (BArch, MArch or MLA).
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- 2-5 years of experience working on documents and drawings for construction, permit and bid.
- Experience designing and producing presentation drawings, diagrams and renderings.
- High level of proficiency in building physical models.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Highly self-motivated and energetic individual ready to pitch in on all levels.
- Well-organized and reliable team member with initiative and ability to follow through.
- U.S. citizen.
Salary commensurate with demonstrated skill level.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current CV, references and work samples in PDF format (6MB maximum) to this link: http://archinect.com/jobs/entry/150020593/junior-designer.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.