Our Toronto office has an immediate opening for an Intern Architect.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Adamson Associates Architects is a full-service Architectural Practice located in Toronto, Canada, with offices in New York (AAI Architects, P.C.); Los Angeles (Adamson Associates, Inc.); and London, England (Adamson Associates International Limited). Established in 1934, Adamson Associates is noted for its long tradition of design excellence and technical expertise. Our firm has developed a diverse portfolio of projects in Canada, the United States and around the world, encompassing projects in a wide range of sectors including commercial; cultural; hotel and residential; institutional; large-scale, mixed-use development sites; retail and entertainment; and airports and transportation centres. In the 1980s, we diversified to undertake work as Executive Architect on large-scale developments in the United States, the United Kingdom and Southeast Asia. Adamson has enjoyed the privilege of collaborating with some of the world’s most acclaimed Design Architects on such prestigious projects as the World Financial Center in New York and the Kuala Lumpur City Centre in Malaysia. Currently, we are working on several large-scale developments with multiple design architects such as the World Trade Center Redevelopment in New York and the Battersea Power Station development in London, England.
The successful candidate will
- Work with and support senior architects on the development of projects.
- Assemble construction drawing sets in REVIT, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Work with current design techniques, building systems, and keep current with design trends, code changes, and developments to sustain and improve technical and design skills.
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, construction documentation, contract administration and Authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects.
- Ensure all work meets Adamson standards for quality.
- Complete work upon agreed deadlines.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch).
- Minimum of 3 years professional work experience in large-scale commercial, mixed use, residential and institutional projects.
- High proficiency in current versions of REVIT.
- Proven abilities in the production of meticulous architectural documents through all stages of a project’s lifespan — from schematic design through to construction administration with focus on CD/CA.
- Understanding of Ontario Building Codes.
- Strong knowledge of building technology, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, building codes, and assembly of construction drawing sets.
- Excellent communication.
- Positive attitude accompanied with strong work ethic.
- Design and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation of, and sensitivity to, architectural design intent.
- Self-motivated with the capability of working with minimum to no supervision.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume to : email@example.com.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.