Intern Architect / Intermediate Designer / Interior Designer
Reich+Petch is seeking an Intern Architect / Intermediate Designer and/or Interior Designer for architecture, exhibits, and architectural interiors projects for a full-time position at our Toronto office.
Reich+Petch is an award winning multi-disciplinary office of architects; museum planners; and exhibit, interior, graphics, and wayfinding designers.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Reich+Petch is a boutique design consultancy with over 25 years of experience. We believe that design is a language of communication and we are motivated to participate in a dialogue of ideas through design. We are based in Toronto and Washington, and work all over the world with museums, institutions, cultural organizations, and destination attractions. We have built a reputation as design leaders and innovators, with meticulous process and diligent documentation, and our ability to deliver remarkable and robust projects.
The successful candidate will
- Under the direction of a senior designer, the selected candidate will be responsible for creating and refining design concepts and coordinating design development talks for architecture and architectural interior projects.
Required education and skills
• Minimum of 4-7 years previous relevant experience in architectural or interior design practice.
• Excellent design and visual presentation skills .
• Ability to produce design documents for buildings and/or architectural interiors.
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients.
• Excellent command of English (written and verbal communications skills).
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Expertise, project experience with BIM/Revit .
• Understanding of CADD standards.
• Strong working knowledge of 3D computer visualization ie Sketchup, Revit, Rhino etc.
• Excellent hand drawing skills is a strong asset.
• Ability to juggle multiple jobs, meet deadlines, work within a tight schedule and fast-paced environment.
• Good working knowledge of the current Ontario Building Code.
How to apply
Please send resumes and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com with Intern Architect, Intermediate Designer or Interior Designer as the subject.
ONLY PORTFOLIOS IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED. (limit file size to 5 MB) Website and/or online portfolios will not be reviewed.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.