Development Assessment Planner
We have several opportunities for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to join our team as Development Assessment Planners. We are open to considering part time employees so please indicate in your cover letter if you would like to be considered for part time employment and your availability.
This position is responsible for reporting on Development Proposals in such a manner that, irrespective of whether the application is approved or refused, Council's image will be projected as courteous and efficient.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
At Bayside Council we are creating a workplace that meets Council’s business needs and the needs of our employees and customers. We have competitive salaries and conditions, a learning and continuous improvement focus, an array of ‘family friendly’ leave arrangements, close proximity to public transport and a supportive flexible workplace.
Required education and skills
- Your ability to work in an accurate and expeditious manner and your previous recent experience in processing development applications will see you successfully able to handle the fluctuating workload and deliver good quality on time outcomes.
- You will have a degree in town planning or an associated discipline together with the ability to exhibit sound knowledge of planning legislation and planning and development issues.
- Your highly developed research and analysis skills coupled with strong communication skills that will enable you to clearly and concisely explain Council’s policies to the public and to prepare correspondence will be highly regarded.
- The successful candidates will be self-motivated with the ability to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and the provision of quality customer service.
- A current driver’s license is a must.
How to apply
Prior to commencing your application a job description can be obtained from Council website at www.bayside.nsw.gov.au.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 5 pages) and a covering letter (max 3 pages), outlining how your skills and experience are relevant to the position and meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges of the role.
When addressing the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges for the role, it is essential you give an illustration of how you meet these – it is not sufficient to merely indicate what you have done – we are more interested in “how” you have demonstrated these requirements, what results were achieved, using an evidence-based approach.
Applications must be submitted by mail, email at email@example.com or via fax on (02) 9562 1777.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.