The Associate role is a great opportunity for someone interested in land use, development, urban planning and design, and/or real estate to gain exposure to a wide range of topics, events, and leaders in the industry. This is also a great role to gain skills in volunteer coordination, non-profit administration, and project management at an influential and well-respected education and research institute. The role is well suited to someone who is highly organized and energetic and has the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
The Urban Land Institute is the preeminent multidisciplinary real estate organization, facilitating open exchange of ideas, knowledge and experience among local, national and international industry leaders and policymakers dedicated to creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. Structured as a 501(c) (3), nonprofit, member-driven research and education organization, the Institute has more than 40,000 global members representing the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines, both in private enterprise and public service.
The successful candidate will
- Work closely with the Executive Director, ULI SF staff, and committee members to implement the organization’s strategic plan, coordinate member-based committees, execute program and event logistics, and support the overall operations of the organization.
Responsibilities (in coordination with Executive Director, staff, and volunteer leadership):
- Support member committees such as Programs, Policy & Practice, Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI), Young Leaders Group (YLG), NEXT, Membership, and Marketing & Communications. Tasks include:
- Coordinate committee meetings including correspondence, scheduling, preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes, and catering;
Assist programs-based committees in producing and implementing events and programs;
- Collaborate with committee co-chairs to ensure timely implementation of committee work plans;
- Assist committee co-chairs in committee governance and operations; and
Prepare committee budget templates and track program budgets.
Program Support and Production.
Support ULI staff and several Committees, such as Programs, Woman’s Leadership Initiative, Young Leaders Group (YLG), NEXT, and Membership, with scheduling and logistics for the ULI SF’s approximately 60 events annually. Tasks may include:
- Working with committee and staff to identify and book venues and schedule program dates;
- Posting events on ULI SF’s website and coordinating with staff and Marketing & Communications Committee on event promotion;
- Creating and implementing program budgets, coordinating catering, printing name badges, handling registrations, and processing invoices; and
- Acting as on-site event coordinator, covering registrations, vendor management, volunteer supervision, and clean-up.
District Council Support/Non-Profit Administration:
- Update the district council website, app, and social media;
- Administer national database for member data, complimentary event passes, event set-up, and sponsorships;
- Assist ULI staff with the UrbanPlan program in schools and UrbanPlan for Public Officials as needed; and
- Perform other administrative, marketing, and communications duties and projects as required, to contribute to a team effort.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in industry related topic of non profit administration/ business preferred.
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in program or event planning desired.
- Demonstrated interest in land use and urban development preferred.
- Familiarity with Bay Area real estate and land use industry a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities concurrently with responsible follow-through.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with business and public sector executives.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) required.
- Knowledge of and competency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Familiarity and proficiency with web-based tools such as WordPress desirable.
- Ability to travel to ULI San Francisco District Council events throughout the Bay Area.
- Ability to attend early morning and late afternoon/early evening events.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. is required.
How to apply
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com, subject line “Associate, ULI San Francisco.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.