Assistant Property Manager
Assist Property Manager by monitoring and coordinating daily operations and projects.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Shorenstein is one of the country’s oldest and most respected real estate organizations active nationally in the ownership and management of high-quality office and residential properties. Due to its success over many years and multiple real estate cycles, Shorenstein has established its reputation as a creative and knowledgeable investor. The company is privately owned and is headquartered in San Francisco. The company’s current portfolio totals 21.3 million square feet in 16 markets, with a gross value of $7.1 billion.
The successful candidate will
- Monitor and coordinate the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes to meet established goals for accuracy and timeliness including directing the work of Tenant Services Administrator and Tenant Services Coordinator staff, and resolving non-routine issues with tenants and vendors.
- Identify and make well thought out recommendations to Property Manager for opportunities to reduce operating expenses and/or generate additional income.
- Ensure an average of 98% of Base Rent and Escalation Income is collected and accurately posted by the 7th of each month and that all Other Income receivables are collected and accurately posted within 45-60 days of invoicing, excepting those receivables that have been escalated to Asset Management for action.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of all Other Income that the property and SRS is entitled to pursuant to leases and management agreements.
- Ensure complete compliance with escalation requirements of all tenants and ensure timely and accurate billing of all true-up billings.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and accurately and thoroughly complete assigned deliverables under the direction of the Property Manager within established timeframes demonstrating a good understanding of the analysis with consideration for the goals of the asset, as well as market conditions.
- Actively participate in the accurate, complete and timely preparation of the monthly MAP reports; may include thoroughly researching and writing clear and complete variance explanations, e.g. preparing explanations of aged receivables and collections efforts, explanations of capital expenditure variances and project updates, annual financial reforecast, providing clear and concise information on project updates, annual financial reforecast and issues that may affect the overall financial or operational performance of the property and preparing clear and complete narratives addressing other issues that may affect the overall financial or operational performance of the property.
- Complete and/or participate in formal and informal property inspections and compliance audits. Ensure issues and deficiencies identified in formal and informal property inspections are accurately documented in the tenant service request system and corrected within timeframe agreed to with manager. Effectively coordinate vendor relationships to ensure service expectations and contract obligations are met and costs are within budget and/or opportunities for expense savings are achieved.
- Promptly respond to and resolve, or coordinate resolution of, questions and issues with the tenant service request system. Actively participate in any upgrades and/or training. Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of tenant service request system processes and procedures and promptly and thoroughly.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using the tenant service request system to measure property performance; effectively coordinate office staff to submit accurate, complete and timely reports.
- Under the direction of the Property Manager, develop and implement programs to ensure audit results meet the company’s high standards. Audits may include, but are not limited to, NRESC audit; Kingsley Tenant Survey; Walker Parking and internal SRS operation, engineering and construction audits. Assist in creating and implementing effective action plans to promptly resolve issues identified in audits, as directed by the Property Manager.
- As directed by Property Manager, distribute accurate and complete security and life safety plans to all tenants and ensure training and fire drills are conducted according to prevailing code.
- Promptly research, resolve or develop and coordinate action plans to address issues identified in internal and external customer contacts including but not limited to tenants, vendors etc. Issues may include e.g. building access, insurance issues and vendor issues, including directing Tenant Services Administrator and Tenant Services Coordinator to address these issues, promptly developing and coordinating action plans to address issues, clearly communicating with tenants and vendors, following through to ensure resolution, and making well thought out recommendations for resolution of more complex issues to the Property Manager.
- Monitor and direct the work of Tenant Services Administrator and Tenant Services Coordinator staff including providing thorough information and training, promptly responding to questions, resolving issues and ensuring accurate completion of tasks within established timeframes.
- Actively participate in meetings, promptly and thoroughly respond to information requests and perform routine Property Manager functions in the Property Manager’s absence or under the direction of the Property Manager. Complete assigned tasks in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- May participate in business group project teams or taskforces. Complete assigned tasks in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Actively participate annually in a minimum of one class sponsored by BOMA or the Institute of Real Estate Management and apply learning to job and/or share with colleagues.
- Effectively coordinate assigned vendor relationships, e g. janitorial, landscaping, including regular contact to promptly identify and resolve issues, managing service levels to meet contract specifications, and participating in and documenting walk-throughs.
- Ensure janitorial, engineering, security and parking vendors conduct complete and timely staffing analyses so their staffing levels are consistent with ownership objectives and make appropriate well thought out recommendations to the Property Manager as needed.
- Under the direction of the Property Manager, effectively coordinate the contract bidding, vendor selection and contract negotiation process for assigned vendors by gathering and researching data, coordinating activities, participating in the bid qualification process and preparing and editing documents using established templates within the established timelines. Accurately and thoroughly complete assigned tasks within established timeframes.
- Manage smaller construction and special projects to the Property Manager’s and Tenants’ satisfaction including ensuring all deliverables are met within established timeframes and budget, coordinating with tenants, vendors, construction management staff and setting up construction jobs, budgets and contracts.
- May coordinate larger or more complex construction and special projects under the direction of the Property Manager or Construction Manager. Complete or ensure completion of assigned tasks in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Support the Property Manager in the implementation and maintenance of a formal documented tenant relations plan to ensure tenant satisfaction as measured by formal and informal feedback, annual survey results and controllable tenant retention. Complete assigned tasks in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- May coordinate the tenant move-in process and move-out process in a timely and coordinated manner including orienting new tenants to property management office staff, services and procedures, meeting and coordinating with vendors, arranging for building access, and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Communicate and follow through with vendors and tenants in a timely manner to ensure compliance with insurance requirements including interpretation of requirements as needed, providing oversight to staff tracking insurance compliance, monitoring tracking, and timely surfacing of issues and exceptions to Property Manager.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by:
- Building positive relationships with customers.
- Taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email.
- Resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills.
- Responsibilities vary according to size, location, ownership status, and complexity of property.
Required education and skills
- General knowledge of insurance, risk management, environmental codes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, vertical transportation systems, building automation and life safety systems as well as other systems pertaining to the management of Class A commercial real estate as evidenced by 2 years of experience in a related function.
- General knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles and processes as they apply to budget preparation, financial statement analysis, building account management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as evidenced by 2 years of experience in a related function.
- Working knowledge of customer service principles and practices as evidenced by 2 years of experience in a related function.
- Demonstrated ability to find, access, evaluate and use information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to read, to analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity. Demonstrated ability to write routine and non-routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively address and resolve sensitive tenant and vendor issues.
- Demonstrated ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Demonstrated ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and raise issues and propose solutions.
- Proven initiative in analyzing property management issues and developing and presenting recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to display sound and accurate judgment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and proficiency in or the ability to develop proficiencyin property management system applications and similar programs used by all Shorenstein property management offices. Demonstrated ability to choose among alternatives when completing work. Work is periodically reviewed by management at key intervals for advice/guidance prior to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a property management or leasing function in a commercial real estate environment.
- Experience with Yardi desirable.
- Notary services license may be required in some locations.
- Real Estate Salesperson License may be required in some locations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In some locations, may need to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
- Work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters in performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee works primarily in an office environment.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the application instructions on this link.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.