Architect / Engineer (8+ Years)
As the team leader, the Project Manager / Architect / Engineer has overall project management responsibility for both routine and complex projects. This role is the primary point of contact for the client and is responsible for scheduling, budgeting, and design of the project.
The Project Manager / Architect / Engineer supervises and coordinates the activities of all internal and external team members. This role works collaboratively with business development, marketing, and administration to achieve the goals of the Firm. The successful candidate is organized, motivated, detail-oriented, is willing to work with the team, and take responsibility for getting the job done.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
We specialize in the rehabilitation of building exteriors. Hoffmann Architects diagnoses and resolves deterioration within facades, roofs, plazas/terraces, parking garages, and historic/landmark structures.
The successful candidate will
Coordinate and supervise the project team:
- Communicate task assignments and expectations to each team member.
- Monitor team members’ efficiency and respond to changes in team staffing requirements.
- Direct and coordinate consultants.
- Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Provide performance review input to the office director for project team members.
Work to achieve client’s and Firm’s goals within the constraints of the budget and schedule:
- Establish and adhere to project budget, schedule, and milestones.
- Conduct meetings and communicate regularly with clients to provide design guidance and report on project progress.
- Research building materials and systems and review selections with the project team.
- Implement code review and incorporate code requirements.
- Establish appropriate level of detailing based on project parameters.
- Prepare, review, and coordinate drawings, specifications, and other project deliverables.
- Work closely with the project team to obtain project information and see that drawings are accurate and complete.
- Assist clients in review of construction budget and construction contract.
- Review shop drawings, submittals, RFIs, and change orders.
- Perform or assign staff to perform site visits and conduct project meetings during construction.
- Document meetings, correspondence, and other key project information.
Work collaboratively with other departments for the benefit of the Firm:
- Inform office director or supervisor of opportunities or pitfalls that may affect project budgets, schedules, or profitability.
- Work with business development and marketing to prepare fee estimates and establish the scope of services for proposals.
- Report project progress for invoicing.
- Work with the accounting department to assist in collection of outstanding invoices.
- File and organize documents in conformance with Company standards.
Other Duties and Expectations:
- Actively seek experience and continuing education to fulfill requirements for licensure.
- Participate in marketing and project-related activities and presentations.
- Participate and seek leadership roles in professional / community organizations and activities.
- Write and publish white papers and articles on technical topics.
- Attend and speak at conferences and participate in other networking and professional development opportunities.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated regarding office projects and the office environment.
Required education and skills
- First professional degree from an accredited architectural or engineering program.
- 6+ years’ of architectural or engineering experience.
- 2+ years’ of building envelope, consultation experience.
- Equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Project Manager: Architectural graduates should be enrolled in the IDP (Intern Development Program); engineering graduates should have passed the FE (Fundamentals in Engineering) exam.
- Project Architect / Engineer: License to practice architecture or engineering with the ability to obtain reciprocity in the State of New York.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer software applications (AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to work on roofs and facades utilizing contractor’s staging or scaffolding.
- Demonstrated ability to:
– Skillfully perform all project management responsibilities.
– Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
– Work independently with a minimum level of supervision.
Hoffmann Architects provides competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including medical and dental coverage; company-paid disability and life insurance; a 401(k) Plan with company match; and a Profit Sharing Plan.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.