CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Architect in our Toronto office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will perform in a technical role and will be a member of multidisciplinary team, participating in the design process to provide full design support throughout the project. This position will be responsible to act as a liaison with the project manager and project designer, coordinate with architects, engineers and consultants, and development of design documents into construction documentation.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
CannonDesign is an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal — to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will
• Incorporate design solutions using CannonDesign standard procedure and project parameters.
• Effectively present ideas to clients, communicate project status, and build client relationships. Clearly communicate design issues and components to clients.
• Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements, including time, budget, and scope.
• Proactively identify, communicate, mitigate and resolve project-related issues.
• Assist Project Manager in reviewing project performance.
• Provide constructive feedback and mentoring to project team members and provide support to design team.
• Identify scope and nature of documentation required on a project-by-project basis.
• Develop and monitor drawing mock-up and measure adherence to work plan.
Required education and skills
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture.
- Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Architectural Registration and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of related experienced required.
- Must have experience leading BIM project production teams and be proficient in Revit.
- Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
How to apply
To apply: upload resumes and portfolio materials through our career portal located at http://careers.cannondesign.com/jobs/6490006-architect.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.