Do you tweet and use Facebook every day, all day?
Is building social community so ingrained you just can’t stop? We seek a highly a motivated individual with experience and fanatical passion for blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership. If you are a student with a passion for social media, have top-notch writing and communication skills, and enthusiasm, then Global Site Plans wants you as our social media marketer and community building intern.
We are seeking a social media marketing and community building intern who can make a minimum commitment of 6-months, contractually. As a social media marketer (SMM), you will be able to strengthen your current skills in the field of social media by managing Global Site Plans’ social networks on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. This is a great way to strengthen an increasingly desirable skill as you enter the public/private workforce, or continue to develop yourself professionally. We are seeking someone who can show initiative, share ideas, who is creative, and is able to execute tasks under deadlines.
This is an unpaid internship, however, may be eligible for class credit. This is a virtual internship and you will be working from home, 20 hours per week.
• 6-Month commitment, contractually;
• Ability to devote 20 hours per week to position;
• Excellent English and writing skills, with a professional posture;
• Ability to work under deadlines;
• Computer and Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research;
• Experience in social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, at minimum);
• Interest in architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, urban planning, or design;
• Self-starter able to execute responsibilities with minimal direction;
• Professional and thorough;
• Enthusiastic and a relationship-builder;
• WordPress, a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a plan for Global Site Plans’ social media and community presence to include management of online groups, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
• Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to social media outlets;
• Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future
enhancement to social media strategies;
• Respond promptly to blog, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn comments, conversations,
direct messages, RT, etc;
• Act as liaison between blog, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn readers and Global Site
• Research important blogs in the niche or architecture, engineering, landscape
architecture, urban planning, and design and create a presence within those
communities via conversations, postings, etc;
• Increase followers on social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn;
• Consistently brainstorm ideas to increase our followers base and develop new
relationships beyond Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
• Develop and implement an e-mail marketing strategic plan;
• Develop an online affiliate marketing plan and provide most cost-effective solutions;
• Additional responsibilities as appropriate to experience and skill level.
• Increased knowledge and exposure to social media marketing and community building career opportunities;
• Experience creating social media marketing and e-mail marketing strategic plans;
• Community liaison and building experience;
• Increase followers via social media and e-mail marketing, and through quantitative data, chart progress and final impact of your internship performance;
• Increased knowledge of how online affiliate programs operate.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please contact Mellonie Gerehizu at email@example.com.
1. Submit a Resume and Cover Letter;
2. Provide links to your current Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts (and other social media platforms);
3. Review Global Site Plans’ social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
4. After reviewing Global Site Plans’ social media networks, propose one item from each social network that you would immediately change or complete.
5. In the subject line, put SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETER.
Submit your application by May 21, 2011. Position begins May 30, 2011.
There is 1 position available.