Urban Designer (Statutory Urban Design)
Are you a statutory planner with a keen interest in urban design? Have you ever considered pursuing urban design as a career pathway?
Our South Melbourne-based office is growing and currently has a vacancy for an urban designer to assist our Statutory Urban Design team with a broad spectrum of urban design outputs, including public sector urban design referrals, private sector urban design advice, urban context reports, urban character studies and VCAT/PPV urban design expert evidence statements. This role offers unprecedented diversity and exposure to multiple leading-edge urban design and urban planning projects within Melbourne, as well as genuine urban design career pathways.
The successful candidate will join a highly capable and experienced team of urban designers and will have the following skills, expertise and abilities:
Languages needed: English.
About the company
David Lock Associates is a market-leading urban design and town planning consultancy with a drive to imagine the people and places tomorrow. Our UK pedigree and strong cross-office connections allows us to bring considerable international experience to local urban issues, from which we have developed a strong reputation for innovative and implementable solutions to the most complex urban issues.
Required education and skills
- A degree in town planning or urban design (minimum) is essential;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good personal presentation;
- An ability to work independently and within a team;
- An demonstrated ability to work across several projects concurrently and meet multiple competing timeframes;
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills; and
- Competency in the use of basic office programs (including Outlook and Microsoft Word).
- A degree in both town planning and urban design will be considered highly advantageous;
- Approximately 1-2 years previous experience working with Victorian planning legislation will be considered highly advantageous;
- Proficiency in visual communication software (Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp); and
- Hand drawing visual communication skills will also be considered highly advantageous.
- A genuine opportunity to immerse yourself in ‘real world’ urban design and town planning projects, including many of Melbourne’s most significant development projects;
- Unparalleled exposure to market leading expertise;
- Fun, flexible and supportive culture;
- Mentoring and training opportunities to achieve your goals and grow professionally, genuine career progression opportunities; and
- The opportunity to be part of a global brand and benefit from our UK connections and pedigree.
Salary to be negotiated with the successful applicant based on skills and experience.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume – including a cover letter and sample portfolio – to Brodie Blades (Associate) C/- Jacky Cashman (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90