Urban Designer (Mid to Senior)
We are seeking a mid-level to Senior Urban Designer to join our team at our Notting Hill office. In this role, you will take a design from concept to masterplan whilst meeting both client and Council requirements. You will also be involved in preparing fee proposals and project management responsibilities.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Taylors is a leading development consultancy recognised for providing outstanding solutions to the urban development, infrastructure and built environment markets for over 50 years. We boast a team of 140 highly-skilled professionals in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Finance, Business Development, Human Resources, Marketing and Administration.
The successful candidate will
- Handle Urban Design and Drafting of various plans including conceptual and detailed masterplans, development plans, site analysis, design response and masterplan application suite of plans;
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from hand-drawn concepts;
- Lot yield analysis and land budget investigation;
- Source and compile planning and strategic information;
- Liaise with Urban Design Manager to manage workflow outputs to meet project and budget requirements;
- Advise clients of accurate timeframes for completion of project milestones and anticipate submission requirements;
- Consult with Council and other involved parties to obtain information relevant to submissions and project completion;
- Provide direction to Graduate Urban Designer as required.
Required education and skills
- Knowledge of development industry trends;
- Experience producing design solutions in urban and rural contexts;
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of people, including government bodies, consultants, developers and residential clients;
- Proven ability to deliver within time and budgetary controls;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced AutoCAD;
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
How to apply
To apply, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org including your cover letter and Resume (quoting reference UDPD-UD-17) to our Recruitment Coordinator today!
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90