Urban Design Officer
Carrington West’s dedicated Town and Country Planning recruitment team operate UK wide and we are delighted to be assisting our Local Authority client with their search for an Urban Design Officer based in London on an initial 6 month contract.
Salary: £20 to £25 p/h
Languages needed: English.
Apply by November 13, 2017
About the company
Carrington West’s consultants have market leading sector experience developing a number of long-standing relationships with a wide range of high profile clients, from SMEs to major consultancies and contractors.
We are certified to ISO 14001 & ISO 9001 standards of practice and Achilles registered.
Operating from a single UK site in Hampshire, we supply specialist contractors and permanent staff to the Private and Public sectors across the UK.
The successful candidate will
- Provide a professional and high quality Urban Design service to developers and key council partners.
- Handle pre-application design advice.
- Advise on reserved matters and details submissions.
- Negotiate design solutions.
- Provide written design advice for use in Committee reports, briefing notes and pre-application letters.
- Work to pre-set deadlines.
- Provide technical advice at planning committee.
Required education and skills
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior Urban Designer / Graduate with a degree of experience to join a team that will support and develop you across the length of the contract.
- The ideal candidate will have a relative Urban Design qualification and have some on the job experience. This role would suit a candidate with circa 6 months+ experience.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: http://www.carringtonwest.com/job/urban-design-officer-2/.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.