Urban Design Officer
A truly outstanding opportunity has arisen for an Urban Designer to assist with the delivery of major regeneration schemes at one of London's most dynamic and progressive borough councils.
As key member within the team you will play a pivotal role providing Urban Design Consultancy for major regeneration and growth initiatives within the borough.
Using the development of improved rail infrastructure as a catalyst for improved connectivity and unprecedented socio-economic growth, the borough is undertaking ambitious plans that will facilitate a major town centre enhancement scheme for both the built environment and public realm, cutting edge employment sites and major strategic housing zone development schemes.
Salary: £45.00 per hr
Languages needed: English.
Apply by November 9, 2017
About the company
Macdonald & Company is the leading professional recruitment consultancy for the real estate and built environment sectors. Established in 1994 and headquartered in the UK, we apply local knowledge with true global connection through our offices in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
The successful candidate will
- Provide exemplary urban design advice and comments for major applications encompassing the public realm and built environment.
- Contribute to the development of detailed masterplans for major town centre and estate redevelopment schemes in conjunction with detailed designs.
- Provide design advice to developers, architects and external consultants at major developments at pre-application meetings.
- Engage in complex design negotiations with developers and architects.
- Finalise reserved matters applications.
- Produce design briefs and statements.
- Develop urban design frameworks.
- Coordinate design workshops as well as stakeholder and community consultation events.
- Contribute to the development of local strategies and growth are agenda’s by assisting with the design of emerging Opportunity Areas and Local Plans.
Required education and skills
- Successful candidates will have a degree or masters in either Urban Design or Architecture and acquired practical experience as an Urban Designer in the private sector and or local authority.
- In addition you will have a natural enthusiasm and passion for Urban Design, innovation and delivery of major regeneration schemes.
- Finally you will have a creative mind, exemplary communication and report writing skills.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link:https://jobs.planningresource.co.uk/job/329005/urban-design-officer-/?LinkSource=PremiumListing.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.