Urban Design Officer
A prestigious London Borough Council which is currently undergoing sustained growth and regeneration urgently requires an Urban Design Officer.
You will play a pivotal role delivering small to medium sized design projects to facilitate public realm improvement schemes, new build flats and complex infill housing schemes.
In addition you will assist Senior Urban Design Officers with masterplanning, consultation events and putting together complex design briefs and frameworks.
Salary: £23.00 to £28.00 per hr
Languages needed: English.
Apply by November 9, 2017
About the company
Macdonald & Company is the leading professional recruitment consultancy for the real estate and built environment sectors. Established in 1994 and headquartered in the UK, we apply local knowledge with true global connection through our offices in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
The successful candidate will
- Provide design observations on complex minor to medium sized planning applications primarily for residential uses.
- Provide input in to detailed and layout design.
- Conduct pre-application meetings with developers, architects and external consultants.
- Coordinate stake holder and community consultation exercises
- Liaise with Development Management Officers in relation to design of specific schemes.
Required education and skills
- Successful candidates will have a degree to masters in Urban Design preferably with one to two years post qualification experience in acquired in either the public or private sector. Alternatively the client has also stated that they would welcome applications from Graduate Urban Designer also.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: https://jobs.planningresource.co.uk/job/329075/urban-design-officer/?LinkSource=PremiumListing.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.