Urban Design Advisor
A rare and exceptional opportunity has arisen for an Urban Design Advisor at leading architectural and design institution.
You will play a pivotal role reviewing, evaluating and commenting on urban design schemes for major development and infrastructure schemes across the UK encompassing some of the country's most complex, prestigious and contentious development projects.
Cases will commonly include a variety of proposed schemes such as town centre regeneration developments, estate renewal projects, urban extensions and new settlements etc.
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Macdonald & Company is the leading professional recruitment consultancy for the real estate and built environment sectors. Established in 1994 and headquartered in the UK, we apply local knowledge with true global connection through our offices in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Our specialist teams act for every class of organisation owning, occupying, financing or advising on property, construction and engineering – developers, investors, institutions, funds, banks, consultancies and contractors. We are the preferred recruitment partner of RICS – the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Macdonald & Company is a subsidiary of the London Stock Exchange quoted Prime People Plc.
The successful candidate will
- Build strong and cohesive relationships with local planning authorities, developers, architects, health trusts and community groups by providing comprehensive design review services with the objective of creating better places.
- Manage your own projects through coordinating workshops, production of corporate material and detailed written reports that will positively influence the development of the built environment across the England.
- Assist with and promote the services of the organisation through business development activities and networking events.
Required education and skills
- Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as an urban designer or architect with an affiliated academic qualification and practical experience in private sector consultancy or the public sector.
- You will have a substantial interest in and knowledge of architecture and urban design with an ability to keep abreast emerging trends and issues.
- Finally you must have good critical and analytical skills in relation to design issues, with an ability to express ideas clearly and confidently.
£35,000 per annum plus bens
How to apply
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either 0207 318 5263 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.