Strategic Planner (Heritage)
The Strategic Planner (heritage) implements Waverley Council’s Heritage projects and policies as well as providing high level heritage advice on development and strategic planning in Waverley.
Languages needed: English.
Apply by November 6, 2017
About the company
Waverley is a diverse and innovative Council located in the heart of Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. With a broad range of services, programs and initiatives, Waverley is one of the leading local government areas in NSW. Taking in some of Sydney’s most beautiful beaches including the world famous Bondi Beach, and encompassing part of Sydney’s global economic corridor at Bondi Junction, Waverley Council is an amazing place to broaden your career.
The successful candidate will
- Undertake strategic heritage studies and programs.
- Provide advice on heritage issues for development applications, Planning Proposals and Precinct Plans.
- Prepare and review statutory planning instruments, plans, policies and reports with a focus on heritage.
- Provide a link between the Council requirements and the Department of Planning and Environment’s operations in the area of Heritage.
- Ensure changes in relevant legislation are properly reflected in Council’s policy and practice and that emerging issues are pro-actively met with appropriate responses.
- Represent Council’s interests in dealings with State and Federal Government Agencies and other Authorities.
- Promote public knowledge of heritage planning.
- Use project management skills including managing project budgets.
- Preserve and promote the wellbeing of the community, including assisting with the implementation of policies and programs that create opportunities to increase the quality of the built environment in the public and private domain.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and based on them make recommendations on heritage initiatives for Council.
- Drive continual improvement of heritage processes through ongoing monitoring,
evaluation and reporting.
- Achieve high levels of customer service and community satisfaction.
- Investigate and develop funding options for heritage related projects.
- Prepare consultant’s briefs, co-ordinate and supervise consultants.
- Champion an exceptional customer experience and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Make process changes to continually improve service delivery.
- Critically examine work and activities, considering alternative points of view and
approaching an issue as it relates to different stakeholders.
- Achieve desired outcomes by evaluating and identifying all options.
- Apply, Council’s project management framework to activities within their area of
- Facilitate the building of teams and communication structures to ensure that ideas are expressed clearly and accurately with both internal and external customers.
- Monitor the impact of management decisions to ensure efficient work practices and the long term sustainability of Council.
- Manage service, process objectives and expectations. Closely examining the end to end sequence of activities. Recommending opportunities for improved business processes.
- Identify and report risks or threats to Council’s operations or reputation.
Required education and skills
- Tertiary Qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture, Heritage Conservation or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge and application of the Burra Charter and associated legislation, particularly in relation to Heritage Planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in heritage related issues in a planning context including undertaking heritage assessments and other heritage projects.
- Demonstrated ability to meet performance targets and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team and independently.
- Highly developed verbal and written skills including report writing skills and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in community consultation and quality customer service.
- Ability to attend out of hours meetings when required.
- An understanding of and commitment to EEO.
- Has Class C driver’s license.
- Demonstrated experience in the drafting of planning instruments and development control plans.
- Demonstrated high level Information technology skills including Microsoft and Adobe products, CAD and In-design.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: https://www.ezisuite.net/eziJob/wav/HRRegistry/default.cfm?act=viewVacancy&type=W&vid=222825&src=10.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.