Senior Urban Design Officer
To lead on urban design in the development process, including policy formulation, development management and project implementation strategies/masterplans, guidance, development briefs and management of capital projects.
Salary: £21.50 - £30 per hour
Languages needed: English.
Apply by March 29, 2017
About the company
Randstad Construction, Property & Engineering has an established background in Town Planning & Urban Design, formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford Blake & Thomas (BBT). Together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering sectors.
Providing recruitment solutions alone for the construction, property & engineering sectors means that we know the market and have specialist consultants working in specific fields for those markets.
As part of the Randstad group, we are part of the worlds second largest HR services provider and our sister group companies are also leaders in other market sectors of recruitment.
Our Town Planning team has almost twenty years of combined experience and we are able to offer advice to both candidates and clients at every step of the recruitment process. Weather you are looking for your first Planning job or need to staff an entire office, one of our dedicated consultants can assist.
The successful candidate will
- Be responsible for progressing aspects of the team’s design work programme including assessment casework on major applications, pre-application negotiations on design, strategic urban design studies (including input to master plans etc), conservation areas, housing regeneration proposals and relevant policy development.
- Provide a consistent and effective service regarding all design related matters to Development Control and within the Growth Team and ensure effective liaison with other officers on specific planning and design related projects. To contribute to the continued enhancement of the design quality and sustainability of new development in this London borough through effective negotiation and the team’s management of the clients design panel.
- Achieve timely, effective planning outcomes which uphold the clients core values and meets the challenges of Best Value and Comprehensive Performance Assessment.
- Deputize for the Team Manager as required.
- Ensure statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer focused manner, optimizing available resources.
- Represent the client as an expert spokesperson on design issues related to the functional area.
Required education and skills
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume to this link https://www.randstad.co.uk/job-seeker/submit-your-cv/.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90