Senior Strategic Planner
Strathfield Council is undergoing a process of transformation to become a leader of planning in the inner west area of Sydney.
Council's commitment to strengthening its current planning framework is reflected in the recent preparation of Development Control Plans relating to Urban Design and Heritage.
Strathfield Council is uniquely placed to deliver the Parramatta Road Urban Transformation Strategy and Homebush and Strathfield Priority Precincts in collaboration with the Department of Planning and Environment, and Canada Bay and Burwood Councils. These projects represent an exciting and rare opportunity for a prospective Senior Strategic Planner to be involved in large scale master planning and urban design studies.
Council is looking for a highly motivated, technically competent, commercially driven, and customer focused planning professional to join its strategic planning team to support this transformation and to deliver against Council's Community Strategic Plan.
Salary: $85,000 to $98,000
Languages needed: English.
Apply by November 1, 2017
About the company
Strathfield Council is a medium sized Council located in Sydney’s Inner West. The area of the Council comprises approximately 14.1 square kilometres and has an estimated population of 40,000 residents.
Required education and skills
- Be able to apply high level strategic and innovative thinking to complex and sensitive planning issues as well as proven problem solving ability whilst exercising a strong attention to detail.
- Be able to exercise initiative, work autonomously, meet deadlines and effectively contribute to a team working in a very fluid environment.
- Develop, coordinate and manage a number of Council projects dealing with strategic land use issues.
- Provide professional advice and expertise on strategic land use related matters.
- Maintain up to date professional knowledge and keep abreast of State and Federal policies and initiatives.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: strathfieldcouncil.recruitm....
Please ensure you address all the essential and desirable selection criteria in the position description (resume and cover letter not to exceed 2 MB per document max 2 documents).
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.