Senior Interior Designer
WeWork seeks a designer with at least 6 years of experience for our interior design studio. Designer will aid in the creation of vibrant co-working environments, collaborative spaces, and special projects ranging from 5,000 - 100,000sf worldwide. Rapid project schedule requires organization, tenacity, and ability to work with others. Periodic travel may be required.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
WeWork is a global network of workspaces where companies and people grow together. We transform buildings into dynamic environments for creativity, focus, and connection. More than just the best place to work, though, this is a movement toward humanizing work. We believe that CEOs can help each other, offices can use the comforts of home, and we can all look forward to Monday if we find real meaning in what we do.
The successful candidate will
- Define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood, and internal design ethos.
- Develop layouts and finish packages to insure project approach follows WW brand standards and best practices.
- Develop concept/mood strategies and successfully implement them from concept phase through project execution.
- Identify, select and specify products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Work closely with internal team to manage FF&E supply chain (lead times, budgets, quantities and finishes).
- Develop pre-construction/bidding documentation that clearly conveys design intent and documents product and vendor selections.
- Coordinate staging and closeout to insure design intent is executed, maintained and communicated to Logistics Lead and Expansion Lead.
- Clearly and concisely communicate with both internal team members and consultants throughout project duration regarding design concept, design execution and follow through.
- Design development and technical work with minimal guidance.
- Gather inspiration from multiple sources, generating mood packages and translating mood into successfully designed and executed spaces.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field.
- Strong understanding of FF&E and space planning.
- 6+ years of experience in High End Hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Interior Design.
- Ability to incorporate metrics (area, pricing, schedule, etc) into design process.
- Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SKETCHUP, AutoCAD, Rhino and Revit.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude.
How to apply
Please apply only through the link provided below, applications received via email will not be considered.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.