Senior Civil Engineer (Transportation)
LHB has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer (Transportation focus).
This position will enhance client relationships, and ensure that projects are delivered on-time to meet or exceed customer expectations. Our transportation engineers focus on a diverse array of infrastructure projects, working closely with cities, counties, and state government. The right candidate must have internal drive to deliver results, along with the ability to find and maintain strong relationships.
Our work environment is fast-paced and participatory. The ideal candidate must have a “whatever it takes” attitude, and the motivation to advance the Transportation discipline throughout the company.
Languages needed: English.
Apply by November 1, 2017
About the company
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
The successful candidate will
- Coach and manage team members to ensure their career development goals are being met.
- Provide direction to the Transportation (roadway) design team to ensure projects are being completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Effectively communicate project goals, risks and requirements with client.
- Lead the process of responding to requests for proposals and qualifications for professional engineering services from clients.
- Identify and develop potential clients and projects.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Provide direction to ensure effective management of the construction administrative process on typical design projects.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- 8 years of civil engineering experience, with experience managing transportation/highway projects
- Professional Engineer licensure
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage and oversee projects with varying degree of complexity.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Progressive work experience directing and leading transportation engineering projects within MN for 8 or more years.
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading a team in the design for Mn County and MnDOT Trunk Highway roadway construction projects.
- Experience working with MnDOT design and plan standards
- Experience with project management, proposal development, and marketing
- Proven ability to manager and mentor staff
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: https://careers-lhbcorp.icims.com/jobs/1427/senior-civil-engineer-%28transportation%29/job?mobile=false&width=1043&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=480&jun1offset=480.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.