Acting as the direct personal contact for our clients and leading the efforts of our internal project teams, Huntsman’s Project Managers have an important responsibility to ensure a positive experience and team-based success on the firm’s projects. Only when the needs of the client, all of our partners, and each project team member are met, can we achieve team-based success. Project Managers handle a range of assignments in terms of scope and size, and daily responsibilities can vary a great deal. This includes keeping team efforts organized, ensuring quality in project delivery, managing budgets, schedules and fees, employing and evolving the firm’s processes and procedures, but also training and mentoring staff, maintaining a positive work flow, and energetic team atmosphere, championing good design, and representing our client’s vision on every project.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Huntsman Architectural Group is an award winning architecture and interior design firm dedicated to providing creative and innovative solutions in a wide array of project types. Our services include strategic workplace consulting, building analysis, and full service interior and architectural design. Our projects throughout the country encompass a vast array of industry types including corporate, technology, design and media, financial, institutional, hospitality, residential, and retail.
The firm was established in 1981. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City and Chicago include over eighty architects, interior designers, technical support, and administrative staff. Our San Francisco office is located downtown across the street from the Ferry Building. We foster a collegial environment where good design, client service, social interaction and professional development are highly valued. We also offer competitive salaries, benefits, and employee incentives.
The successful candidate will
- Act as lead project manager for a variety of project types.
- Participate an all phases of project delivery.
- Develop project schedules, budgets, fees, and work plans.
- Prepare and review proposals, contracts, and consultant agreements.
- Review internal project accounting documents and process draft project billing.
- Participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews.
- Manage mid-size to large project teams, assign and monitor completion of tasks.
- Mentor junior staff and identify development opportunities for all team members.
- Participate in the coordination and document preparation for projects and provide quality assurance via review of project documentation.
- Interface with client, contractor, agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required education and skills
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of interior design / architectural projects.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Assure project profitability through diligent planning of team activities and efforts.
- Desire and ability to mentor junior staff.
- Strong programming and space planning skills.
- High level of design competence and expertise in FF&E.
- Knowledge of state and local building codes including accessibility.
- Sustainable design experience, with a preference for hands-on LEED project participation and accreditation.
- Computer savvy with moderate or better skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project). Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp skills are a benefit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Interior Design Certification and/or Architectural License, LEED Accreditation strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8-12 years of experience working on interior design and/or architectural projects.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.