Blue Sky Real Estate Services is seeking a Project Manager to work in close collaboration with the CEO and Project Lead to oversee pre-development and public approvals of a large-scale NYC development project.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Blue Sky Real Estate Services, LLC is a Manhattan-based real estate development and services firm that works exclusively with and on behalf of mission-driven organizations to deliver innovative real estate solutions
The successful candidate will
- Assist in managing and coordinating large project team with multiple interrelated workstreams to ensure delivery of owner objectives.
- Assist in overseeing project programming, conceptual design, and cost estimating.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of dynamic project development budget, including multiple development sites and capital sources.
- Assist in preparation and review of DEIS and FEIS, including all sub-reports such as traffic studies, economic impact studies, etc.
- Develop memos, presentations, and other collateral material to support internal and external communications and fundraising efforts.
- Support website development and social media campaign in collaboration with project team.
- Attend public hearings/meetings to understand community needs and promote project.
- Prepare research and data and financial analysis, as needed.
- Establish and support file management system and project archive.
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for project meetings.
- Track predevelopment budget, review invoices for accuracy and contract compliance, and submit for payment.
- Perform related duties, as needed.
- The position will supervise a Project Administrator.
- The position may supervise external contractors.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Urban Planning, Architecture or related field and at least 5 years of experience in real estate development or related field.
- Familiarity with New York City government, NYC’s Uniform Land Use Review.
- Procedure, and not-for-profit sector is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Financial and analytical expertise.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Graphics and mapping expertise are a plus.
- Project Management: Develops and implements project plans; manages budget; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills: Familiarity with real estate finance; ability to develop range of financial models; general construction/real estate development experience; ability to read architectural and engineering drawings; understanding of site planning, architectural design concepts; familiarity with government entitlements such as zoning; construction techniques; real estate law; negotiations.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; ability to problem solve and brainstorm creative solutions in challenging situations.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; effectively communicates changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Motivation and Initiative: Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; volunteers readily; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, GIS/mapping highly desirable.
How to apply
To apply, please visit this link: https://uli.selectleaders.com/candidate/viewjobdetails.do?jid=50842&eid=17466&sortfield=date&jobs_srch_res.offset=0&pageNumber=1&order=desc&type=doSearch&keywords=urban+planning&jobsPerPage=100&location=New+York&country=US&searchRadius=50
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90