Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Project Architect for our Toronto office. The Project Architect, while working under general supervision of a Senior Job Captain and/or Architect or Project Manager, provides design support primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
The successful candidate will
• Create contract documents (CDs).
• Review CDs to ensure compliance with firm standards, mechanical, building systems, codes and ADA requirements
• Oversee all CD production and review.
• Coordinate with Senior technical staff and design staff to provide technical solutions for design dilemmas.
• Manage project through contract administration phase.
• Coordinate engineering consultant’s work to ensure compliance with design solution and timely submission of documents.
• In unusual circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys.
• Manage contract administration budget for assigned projects.
• Ensure adherence to set budget and immediately informs Senior Job Captain/Architect, PM and/or client of any potential variances to the budget.
• May mentor the work of Junior and Immediate Designers.
• Oversee tasks and provide feedback on work product.
• Conducts client interviews to determine technical requirements for the design.
Required education and skills
• Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted.
• Licensed Architect
• 5+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects.
• Extensive knowledge of design principles and standards.
• Intermediate documentation and field observational skills.
• Advanced interior architecture detailing skills.
• Working knowledge of CDs and procedures.
• Working knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
• Working knowledge of space requirements.
• Working knowledge of contract administration.
• Intermediate MS Office Suite skills.
• Advanced Revit skills.
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills.
• Affinity Program skills or equivalent.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate presentation and graphic communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise.
For the majority of the time the Project Architect will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/apply.jsp?org=INTERIORARCHITECTS&cws=1&rid=839
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.