We are currently in search of an Project Architect who is proficient and highly experienced with all phases of the design and construction process from schematic design through the bid process and construction administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility, design freedom, and the hunger to create amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of workspace.
As a Project Architect you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish working with internal construction, design, logistics, operations and development teams as well as other inter-departmental groups. Externally, you will be managing and interfacing with hired consultants (MEP, Structural, local Architect of Record, GC’s and expeditor(s)).
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Our story begins with our spaces, where dreamers and go-getters come together to manifest our mantra: Create Your Life’s Work. We’re crafting a world where personal success is defined by more than just a bottom line—and we’re well on our way. But, to be frank, this isn’t any old summer stroll down Daisy Lane.
The challenge of bringing the world of work to new ground is that the road isn’t going to be paved. WeWork is a place where every day is a new adventure. We follow the path of most resistance, because we’re hungry for the satisfaction of conquering a new challenge. The best way to do that is as a team. We know we’re all in this together.
The successful candidate will
- Ensure efficient and quality design projects, by collaborating with all teams on the execution of WeWork standards, goals and brand ideals.
- Communicate regularly to upper management and the project team with updates, for example, of the status of each project, potential issues on site, changes in schedule or budget, etc.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members.
- Have the ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from deal release to opening.
- Be responsible for determining and organizing functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, and code analysis with minimal direction.
Required education and skills
- Produce construction documentation utilizing Revit on projects with minimal supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in schematic design, design development, permitting and construction documentation.
- Ability to confidently review and markup these documents. Knowledge of all disciplines, preferred.
- Knowledge and comfort working with ADA, zoning, and building code.
- Understanding of project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with consultants to ensure that project milestones are being met and deliverables are on time.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building materials and construction methods.
- Excellent design and communication skills.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Participate in project teams that include high profile/high visibility projects.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organisations and companies.
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude, but open to feedback.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills.
- Four + years practical experience in high end hospitality, residential, commercial or retail architectural design.
- BArch/MArch degree required.
- A commitment to delivering outstanding high end design.
- Proficient in the following programs: Revit, all things Google, CAD, SketchUp, MS Office.
How to apply
Please apply only through the link provided below, applications received via email will not be considered.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.