Planning Enforcement Officer
My client, a West London based Local Authority are looking to recruit a Planning Enforcement Officer for their team. The suitable candidate for the enforcement team will be responsible for investigating alleged breaches of planning control, and taking enforcement action when necessary.
The Planning Enforcement Officer vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
Salary: £25 - £30 per hour
Languages needed: English.
Apply by July 22, 2017
About the company
Ackerman Pierce is a well-established recruitment business linking Social Workers, Care staff and Administrators with Employers across the UK.
The successful candidate will
- Recognize breaches of S106 Agreements.
- Investigate alleged breaches of planning control in accordance with Department’s Planning Enforcement Policy.
- Liaise with other council departments to ensure consistency of approach.
- Appear as a council witness in the Magistrate Court .
- Negotiate remedial action.
- Make recommendations as to the expediency of taking enforcement action.
- Check compliance with enforcement notices and prosecuting for non-compliance.
- Write to complaints and offenders.
- Attend unaccompanied site visits, including those that involve complex land-use issues.
- Membership of RTPI (Royal Town Planning Institute) would be advantageous.
Required education and skills
- Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect).
- 1-2 years’ experience working within the UK Planning industry.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Knowledge of S106 and S171 of Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Your own personal consultant.
- Access to a variety of Planning jobs Nationwide .
- DBS and Compliance Service.
- Quick and Easy Registration Process.
- Access to CPD.
- Guaranteed weekly payment.
How to apply
To apply, please email your updated CV today to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.