The Lakota Group is seeking a Senior-level Planner with 6-10 years of professional work experience. All candidates should be highly creative self-starters with a passion for the planning profession and a desire to learn and grow into the business at all levels.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
The Lakota Group is a progressive, award-winning firm providing professional services in Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, and Historic Preservation. Lakota’s professionals are widely recognized for their large and small-scale planning and urban design projects and expertise in community engagement and consensus-building for both public and private sector clients. Lakota’s work portfolio includes community comprehensive plans, downtowns and Main Street districts, commercial corridors, neighborhoods, parks and greenways, streetscapes and public spaces, waterfronts and river corridors, transit-oriented development projects, historic preservation plans, medical districts and mixed-use developments.
The successful candidate will
- Lead project teams for assignments such as comprehensive plans, downtowns and commercial corridors, neighborhoods, special districts and historic areas.
- Documenting existing conditions in the field.
- Conducting research and writing text for plan documents.
- Review zoning, subdivision and other code-related documents.
- Preparing presentations for meetings and workshops.
- Promote teamwork among other Lakota team members.
- Be accountable for the successful completion of projects.
- Seek out leadership roles and speaking opportunities in professional organizations.
- Availability to attend evening and morning meetings and willingness to travel for out-of-state assignments.
- Oversee the final production of deliverables.
- Assist principals and associates with report writing.
Required education and skills
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Previous planning experience in a municipal or a private consulting setting.
- Project management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in GIS and Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office Suites.
- 6-10 years of professional experience.
- Preferred: Masters in City Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture or related field from an accredited program.
- Preferred: AICP accreditation.
- Knowledge of historic preservation planning and urban design a plus.
- Lakota offers an enjoyable work environment and a comprehensive benefits package.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume and PDF portfolio to: email@example.com.
Attn: Human Resource Director
The Lakota Group
116 W. Illinois Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.