The County of Calaveras Planning Department is seeking a Planner III to join their team. This position is full time with a work schedule of Monday- Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. and comes with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, a $50,000 life insurance policy, a CalPERS pension and much more. The incumbent will, under general supervision, conduct advanced level studies, develop related reports and land use recommendations, interpret and enforce zoning regulations, and do related work as required.
This is the advanced journey level position in the classification series; incumbents are responsible for assigning work and for supervising other positions within the department as assigned.
Salary: $32.42 - $39.41/hr.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
To hold public hearings, make decisions and recommendations on land use matters, including the General Plan, zone changes, subdivisions, divisions of land, use permits, reclamation plans and similar items. Serves as the Administrative hearing Board for the Code Compliance Unit (i.e. zoning violations, illegal camping, junk, building without permits, etc.).
The successful candidate will
- Organize and conduct research studies.
- Compile and analyze technical and statistical information/data for the preparation of professional planning reports.
- Interpret, explain and apply laws and regulations.
- Work cooperatively with those contacted in the course of work.
- Prepare and interpret maps, technical drawings, legal descriptions and survey documents; make effective public presentations; independently complete work.
- Organize and assign work to others; supervise, train and evaluate staff as assigned; make effective recommendations regarding operational changes in departmental or county planning policies.
Required education and skills
- Should have knowledge of : Theory, principles and practices of planning; current trends in Federal, State and local planning; Federal and State laws/regulations pertaining to planning activities in the local government; nomenclature, symbols and equipment used in planning, drafting and mapping work; socioeconomic aspects of planning, county regulations and zoning ordinances pertaining to planning; modern management and staff supervision techniques; working knowledge of both current and advanced planning; common tools used in the profession, including computerized graphics.
- Equivalent to two years college course in planning or a related field and four years demonstrated professional knowledge in public agency planning activities, land surveying or related field OR valid license as a surveyor with four years demonstrated professional knowledge in public agency planning activities, land surveying or related field.
- A four-year college degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience; a master’s degree may be substituted for one additional year of the required experience.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
How to apply
To apply, please visit this link, humanresources.co.calaveras....
Interested individuals must submit the following :
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90