Mid-Level Landscape Architect/Project Manager
OCULUS is an award-winning landscape architecture firm based in Washington, DC, focusing on urban and public space design for public and private clients. We are seeking candidates for a mid-level Project Manager Landscape Architect position. We operate as a workshop where ideas are shared through a collaborative, all-inclusive design process. It is important for everyone in our office to be willing and eager to engage with co-workers and participate in every aspect of the office. We seek a skilled candidate who is creative, outgoing, eager to learn, and passionate about the work.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
OCULUS’s work is founded on the belief that people and their interactions form the core of great public space. Our focus is on the everyday routine of daily life rather than on spectacle, style, and event. We work to create designs that connect people to one another and to the larger environment—a dialogue between the individual and the collective that is physical, sensorial, phenomenal, and at times indescribable.
Our work is an amalgamation of urban design, landscape architecture, and architecture. We believe that the design of public space is most powerful when the skills and expertise of all disciplines are encouraged to mix freely and openly; when boundaries are blurred and potentials explored. We believe that we have an important role to play in facilitating this exploration. Our process is highly varied and includes hand drawing, physical modeling, digital modeling, and technical documentation.
The successful candidate will
- Prepare, coordinate and completion of construction document packages
- Lead and coordinate with design and engineering consultants.
- Develop of creative technical solutions for design issues.
- Prepare work for junior level staff.
- Participate in client and team meetings.
Required education and skills
- Degree holder in Landscape Architecture.
- 5-10 years design and project management experience in landscape architecture including exposure to urban design projects and on-structure landscape design.
- Experience working with clients, architects, and other design consultants.
- Understanding of technical construction issues.
- Knowledge of plant materials and experience with planting design is a plus.
- Excellent proficiency with AutoCAD and Creative Design Suite.
- Beneficial to be knowledgeable in 3-D modeling programs (Sketchup and Rhino).
- Proven track record in managing or mentoring less experienced staff.
- Positive attitude and good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
How to apply
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format to the following address:
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.