Wynn-Smith Landscape Architecture, Inc. is a boutique design studio that works on an interesting variety of projects keeping our approach to each project fresh. With a specialization and national reputation for designing Equestrian-related projects, we also enjoy working on public and private parks, single family homes, commercial and housing development throughout California, schools and a wide array of unusual projects to keep things interesting.
Our goal is to maintain a creative atmosphere with respect for all and to nurture the growth of each staff member to reach their personal goals in a casual but professional atmosphere. It is also important to us that, in addition to putting out good work, we have fun doing it.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Wynn-Smith Landscape Architecture, Inc. (WSLA) was established in 1993 based on the desire to develop projects that are holistically environmentally sensitive and to create a working atmosphere that fosters close and long term relationships with our clients and site users.
With these objectives, we have had the wonderful opportunity to design outdoor spaces across the United States, Europe and Mexico. Our work involves all phases of master planning, design development, construction documents and construction administration for Equestrian Facilities and Farms, Cattle Ranches, Habitat Restoration, Schools, Commercial Properties, Residences, Churches, Resorts and a variety of other projects that do not fit under any neat category.
WSLA comfortably works on projects as either the lead design consultant putting together a team of architects, civil engineers, biologists and artists or as a consultant to the team put together by others.
The successful candidate will
- Preparing all levels of graphics from conceptual to construction documents.
- Conduct site visits with other team members.
- Participate in meetings with clients, research project materials.
- Participate in inner-office design charrettes.
Required education and skills
- Equestrian Experience (a plus).
- Recent graduate to 4 years experience.
- Bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Creative design process.
- Knowledge of Southern California plant material. If skills in other areas are very high, they may outweigh a lack of Southern California plant knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of Autocad.
- LandFX knowledge is preferable.
- Photoshop, In-Design Sketch-Up and Lumion.
- Hand Graphics.
- Oral communication.
- A sense of humor might prove to be helpful.
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter, references and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90