Thomas & Thomas is seeking candidates with 3-4 years of planning and landscape architecture experience for our Colorado Springs office.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
For over 30 years THOMAS & THOMAS has been a reliable planning and design partner, providing comprehensive land use planning, urban design and landscape architectural services for public and private-sector clients, agencies and organizations. Our work experience demonstrates our problem solving skills and project commitment which has resulted in long-term relationships with our clients and technical partners promoting project success for our clients and communities. A combination of proven skills, partnerships and thoughtful analysis is the recipe for thoughtful execution.
The successful candidate will
- Work closely with the lead project manager responsible for coordinating, communicating and keeping projects on schedule.
- Assist in the compiling and the creation of construction documents.
- Assist in compiling plans/ details for various municipal agencies and assist in the development of entitlement packages.
- Assist in development of concept design, construction documents, presentation and 3-D graphics, and project timelines.
Required education and skills
- Experience with professional collaboration such as engineers, architects, and reviewing agencies is critical.
- Candidates should have a well rounded background and varied interest as this position will expose the new team member to a broad through conceptual design to construction.
- Possess a strong work ethic with good written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Have experience in master planning, site design, and landscape architecture.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and develop alternative design solutions to help define the best solution.
- Ability to work in a team environment as part of the overall design team.
- Be proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft, Sketchup and Photoshop.
- Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities of the ideal candidate include ability to organize multiple projects and schedules.
- Ability to quickly adapt to project changes; proactive in testing new approaches and initiative to take on additional responsibilities.
- Strong hand drawing skills and exposure to irrigation design is a plus.
How to apply
To apply, please provide examples of your relative professional experience and letter of interest to Jim Houk at email@example.com. Finally, in your letter of interest, please identify why you would like to work with our team and share one example of how you have overcome a unique challege in your work.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90