Landscape Architect Registered
This position, under direction of the MnDOT SRA Program Manager and the general supervision of the Site Development Unit Supervisor.
Salary: $25.22 - $37.16 /hourly
Languages needed: English.
Apply by February 17, 2017
About the company
We’re always looking for innovative ways to meet you where you are, identify what is important to you, and invest in a safe, sustainable transportation system that gets you where you want to go.
The successful candidate will
- Provide experienced professional/technical landscape architectural support to Minnesota Department of Transportation’s (MnDOT) Safety Rest Area (SRA) Program and as available to the Site Development Unit.
- Assist the MnDOT SRA Program Manager, as necessary.
- Bring professional expertise in areas of planning; preliminary and detail site design; and preparation of construction documents.
- Coordinate work activities. Activities include, design development and preparation of or the review of consultant prepared construction plans, specifications and cost opinion.
- Participate as a member of project design teams.
- Review and provide comment on department-prepared and consultant-prepared design and construction documents.
- Provide typical landscape architectural construction observation activities.
Required education and skills
- Applicants must be licensed as a Professional Landscape Architect with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design or be able to obtain licensure through reciprocity;
- Two (2) years of professional experience and technical skill with all phases of landscape architecture from planning, through conceptual studies, design and construction;
- Knowledge of state and federal codes governing landscape architectural design, construction industry standards, and the ability to interpret and apply standards during design, bidding and construction;
- Demonstrated technical competencies sufficient to prepare or guide the preparation of a complete set of construction documents;
- Current Class D driver’s license.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low-cost medical and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. This position is located in Minnesota’s great capital city, Saint Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees a subsidy for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO “Green Line” Light Rail Train to work! The Rice/Capitol Station is located close by
How to apply
To apply, please visit this link: https://careers.mn.gov/psc/hcm92apc/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=8107&PostingSeq=1&.
**Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and criminal history check**
It is our policy that all candidates submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90