Landscape Architect Registered
This position, under direction of the MnDOT SRA Program Manager and the general supervision of the Site Development Unit Supervisor.
Salary: $25.22 - $37.16 /hourly
Languages needed: English.
Apply by February 17, 2017
About the company
We’re always looking for innovative ways to meet you where you are, identify what is important to you, and invest in a safe, sustainable transportation system that gets you where you want to go.
The successful candidate will
- Provide experienced professional/technical landscape architectural support to Minnesota Department of Transportation’s (MnDOT) Safety Rest Area (SRA) Program and as available to the Site Development Unit.
- Assist the MnDOT SRA Program Manager, as necessary.
- Bring professional expertise in areas of planning; preliminary and detail site design; and preparation of construction documents.
- Coordinate work activities. Activities include, design development and preparation of or the review of consultant prepared construction plans, specifications and cost opinion.
- Participate as a member of project design teams.
- Review and provide comment on department-prepared and consultant-prepared design and construction documents.
- Provide typical landscape architectural construction observation activities.
Required education and skills
- Applicants must be licensed as a Professional Landscape Architect with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design or be able to obtain licensure through reciprocity;
- Two (2) years of professional experience and technical skill with all phases of landscape architecture from planning, through conceptual studies, design and construction;
- Knowledge of state and federal codes governing landscape architectural design, construction industry standards, and the ability to interpret and apply standards during design, bidding and construction;
- Demonstrated technical competencies sufficient to prepare or guide the preparation of a complete set of construction documents;
- Current Class D driver’s license.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low-cost medical and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. This position is located in Minnesota’s great capital city, Saint Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees a subsidy for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO “Green Line” Light Rail Train to work! The Rice/Capitol Station is located close by
How to apply
To apply, please visit this link: https://careers.mn.gov/psc/hcm92apc/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=8107&PostingSeq=1&.
**Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and criminal history check**
It is our policy that all candidates submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.