Landscape Architect – Project Manager
Girvin Associates, a leader in luxury resort design and estate residential design both internationally and locally, is seeking a talented, licensed landscape architect/project manager with a minimum of 8 years’ experience to join our team in our Larkspur studio.
We offer a competitive salary and benifits pacakge.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Founded in 1986 Girvin Associates, Inc., believes that the highest quality design results from a strong and dedicated team of professionals intimately involved in the design process and in continuous contact with the client. Working in collaboration with the client and design team, our office strives to create user-focused environments which respond to the site’s opportunities, constraints, and development program. The success of our projects is based on the optimal integration of varied development components into a unified plan evoking a strong sense of place, timelessness and quality.
Girvin Associates’ practice encompasses all aspects of Landscape Architecture and Site Planning with foremost experience in Hotel and Resort Planning, Urban Design, Mixed-Use and Community Development, and Residential/Estate Design. In addition to a broad portfolio of work within California, The firm and staff has extensive project experience throughout the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Our portfolio includes several prominent destination resorts including The One & Only Palmilla and Esperanza in Los Cabos and Castello di Casole in Tuscany.
In addition to George W. Girvin, FASLA, President and Principal of Girvin Associates Inc., the firm is made up of a very diverse and talented staff with expertise in design, project management, presentation and production technologies, construction document preparation, and construction oversight allows our office to provide complete professional services from initial conceptualization and programming through implementation.
Girvin Associates, Inc. also has a strong record managing multi-disciplinary teams and large complex projects, working with governmental agencies and critical stakeholders, meeting construction budgets, and addressing the often unique requirements of international projects. Our experience in sustainable development provides insight into addressing many of the critical design and development opportunities and challenges now facing projects of all scales and types.
The firm’s goal is to build and shape the landscape for people to experience and enjoy while protecting, preserving and enhancing the beauty and substance of nature as a resource for future generations. The quality of the landscape concerns us. Whether large or small, urban or natural, Girvin Associates, Inc., strives for design solutions which embody a beautiful and responsive synthesis of human values and aspirations which reflect the functional and economic influences affecting each project
Required education and skills
- The applicant shall be licensed in California, and proficient in AutoCad, Land FX, Adobe suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, and Microsoft programs. 3d and Sketch Up knowledge a plus.
- Ability to develop design ideas and solutions from concept through construction.
- Excellent hand & computer graphic skills.
- Technical knowledge and ability to produce construction documents, including: site details, materials selection, grading, and planting.
- Perform construction observation.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication.
- Successful management of complex projects and collaboration within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Self-motivation with the ability to manage and mentor team members.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Land FX, Adobe suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, and Microsoft programs.
- 3d and Sketch Up knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university.
How to apply
To apply, please respond by including a cover letter and work samples via email as a pdf, not to exceed 10MB. Submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90