AECOM is providing a wide variety of Landscape Architectural services throughout its offices in Canada and is currently seeking a creative, talented and motivated full time Landscape Architect to join our team of professionals in our Halifax’s office. The appropriately qualified candidate will be exposed to a variety of project types and will work collaboratively with our professional staff in a fun working environment. Specifically, you will have experience in a wide range of landscape architecture projects, from conceptual design to detail design and contract administration including site inspections and attending project meetings as required.
Having a passion for your profession, you will find that Halifax is an ideal place to work and live that has the features of a big city in a small and compact city setting. Nestled on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, it is a cosmopolitan port city that offers the best of two worlds – a rich history with a close connection to the sea and a vibrant, young culture. You will find a smart and cool city with a highly educated workforce, a breathtaking oceanfront scenery, a relaxed ‘east coast’ style of living with vibrant music scene, amazing restaurants, museums and galleries.
The appropriately qualified candidate will report to the Halifax Office Manager and will be dedicated to landscape architecture practices. You will work collaboratively with the Halifax professionals as well as from other’s offices on a variety of development projects, and also independently on landscape architecture projects as the lead.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
We are a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
The successful candidate will
- Handle Parks Planning, Environmental Planning and Design and Construction.
- Handle Project types: Artificial Turf Fields; Splash Pads; Skate Parks; Children Playgrounds; Linear Parks and Streetscapes.
- Institutional, Commercial and Industrial Landscape Design.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, clients, allied professionals, officials and the community.
- Meet with new and existing private and public sector clients.
- Present to clients, stakeholders, community associations, municipal committees and councils.
- Assist in the development of new landscape architecture business including: responding to requests for proposals and preparation of proposals.
- Complete site assessments, tree identification, and site inventory.
- Prepare site analysis, concept drawings, and master plans.
- Prepare contract documents, including: technical working drawings (layout and material plans, grading plans, planting plans and details), specifications and cost estimates; and conduct construction administration, including field review.
Required education and skills
- 5+ years of proven applied experience in Landscape Architecture.
- Landscape construction / contract administration experience.
- Full member of the APALA or eligible for CSLA component full membership.
- Excellence in design and knowledge of technical detailed design and construction methods and practices (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
- Experience with project coordination that involve client meetings, group presentations, and the resolution of typical issues/challenges that includes high quality design products.
- Highly developed graphic, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences including clients, communities, and peers.
- Strong project management experience and the ability to manage competing deadlines and project budgets.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive, confident and self-motivated with leadership qualities
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Desire and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, write clearly, and resolve problems creatively.
- High degree of competency in AutoCAD (mandatory), Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, hand drawing, and 3D modeling (Sketch Up, Rhino), and Excel.
- ISA Certification.
- French language proficiency.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: https://aecom.jobs/halifax-ns/landscape-architect/C46C31A229F64F2D9B95D5973F757978/job/?utm_campaign=LinkedIn.com&utm_medium=Social%20Media&utm_source=LinkedIn.com-DE.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.