Land Use Planner
Modus is currently searching for a highly talented and driven professional to fill a Land Use Planning position. This position offers an opportunity for those interested in Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Historic Preservation and Environmental Compliance to gain valuable work experience while participating on dynamic and fast-paced team-based projects.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Established in 2005, Modus is an industry leader in wireless site development across the west coast from San Diego to Seattle. Our services include site acquisition, land use planning, architecture and engineering, construction, and environmental compliance.
The successful candidate will
- The planning professional will: Conduct research and review multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Prepare zoning and permit applications.
- Review architectural drawings and other zoning collateral. Coordinate with architects, engineers and other interdisciplinary teams as needed to obtain zoning approval.
- Work diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines.
- Attend and present at site design visits, community meetings and hearings.
- Effectively manage and communicate ongoing project status to Modus clients.
Required education and skills
- Bachelors Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related field Local jurisdiction knowledge a plus.
- Wireless industry knowledge a plus. Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic.
- Strong knowledge and interest in Urban Planning.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking.
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to define and meet individual and team oriented project goals.
- Valid Driver’s License. Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel.
How to apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90