Land Use Planner
The primary role of the Land Use Planner is to assist attorneys in the fast-paced Land Use practice of Foley’s Chicago office Real Estate Group. This practice specializes in securing land use, zoning and development approvals from local government entities in the Chicago region. Clients primarily consist of institutional property owners in the health care, retail and mixed-use areas.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Foley & Lardner LLP looks beyond the law to focus on the constantly evolving demands facing our clients and their industries. With nearly 900 lawyers in 19 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, Foley approaches client service by first understanding our clients’ priorities, objectives and challenges. We work hard to understand our clients’ issues and forge long-term relationships with them to help achieve successful outcomes and solve their legal issues through practical business advice and cutting-edge legal insight. Our clients view us as trusted business advisors because we understand that great legal service is only valuable if it is relevant, practical and beneficial to their businesses.
The successful candidate will
- Assist in seeking approvals from local government entities in the Chicago region regarding land use, zoning and developments;
- Review and analyze zoning and municipal codes to determine requirements for governmental approval for client projects and analyzing approvals;
- Act as project manager for client files by identifying action steps and deadlines, tracking responses and progress, motivating team members to action,
- Provide frequent updates to attorneys and clients.
Required education and skills
- At least 3-5 years of private or public-sector experience in land planning, real estate development, architecture, public policy, or engineering.
- The ideal candidate must be skilled in Project Management with strong knowledge of regulations and procedures governing land use approvals in the Chicago and Cook County area.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) Degree in Project Management &/or Land use Planning or Urban Planning.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90