Y&M has developed a widespread practice in market-rate, government-subsidized, and affordable family and senior housing projects completing over 11,000 units. Y&M Architects is focused on designing efficient, human-friendly, and sustainable multi-unit housing. We have an immediate opening for a Job Captain in our downtown Los Angeles office.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Y&M Architects, formerly John Cotton Architects, Inc., provides full architectural services including master planning and urban design. Over the years, the firm has been the recipient of nearly 50 design awards from such organizations as the Urban Land Institute, American Institute of Architects, National Association of Home Builders, and the Pacific Coast Builders Conference. Y&M Architects has developed a widespread practice in market-rate, government-subsidized, affordable family and senior housing, as well as condominium projects completing over 11,000 units. Currently, the firm has an additional 1,000 units of multifamily housing in various stages of planning, design, and construction.
The successful candidate will
- Prepare presentation drawings including colored elevations, color boards, and renderings.
- Coordinate office materials library.
- Assist in preparation of entitlement packages.
- Prepare construction documents and coordinate with consultants.
- Assist with construction administration duties including RFI’s, submittals, etc.
- Review shop drawings and material samples for conformance with design.
Required education and skills
- Knowledge of code and building systems.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD (recent release).
- Working knowledge of graphics software, specifically SketchUp and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Revit a plus.
- Skilled at multitasking and working in a team environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in affordable, mixed-use, and high-density residential architecture.
- Strong understanding of CBC, disabled access requirements, and consultant drawings
- Proficient in all drafting techniques and understanding of working drawings.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Captain”. (10MB Limit)
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90